Serious Problem with the game - HELP needed

• Thread starter Thread starter ags26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 868

ags26

Reaction score
I have a problem with Football Manager 2013. I find myself increasingly frustrated with the recent Football Manager games to the point where I almost didn't bother buying this one when I used to be a huge fan of the series.

The problem is as follows:
Literally every game my team has 25 to 35 shots on goal, around 10 to 20 on target. My opponents will have 5 to 10 shots on goal and around 2 to 6 on target. And in way too many of these games I draw or lose by the odd goal. (I usually have a top class keeper and decent strikers btw)

Now I understand this is bound to happen on occasion as it does in real football matches but it happens practically every game on FM 2013 and is quite frankly unrealistic and annoying.

Does anyone know a way to 'fix' this (as I see it as a fault on the game engine to be honest) or at least make my strikers put their chances away and make my keeper save a few shots for a change???

Any help/advice would be great.

Hey there. no its not the games fault or the match engine. It's simply you.
I use to have this problem all the time, having started playing FM13 for the first time ever in my life having no previous FM titles experience.
This happens a lot in the lower league teams, I would dominate matches, with 60-70% possession, 50 odd shots or so, and less than 10 would be on target and i would only win by 1 goal... Yes its frustrating, but you have to think realisticly.
So I took over team talks, I individually talk to my strikers, aggressively. I change their roles to what they are best at, and they seem to play better, scoring more goals than before. But after a while the non-scoring would come back. At this stage I would give my other strikers that I would not normally choose have a go, and they would do alright. I would do this for 2 or 3 matches, then put my starting strikers originally, kaboom, they're scoring for fun... I ended up winning around 7-0, 8-0 playing as lower teams, amateur or semi-pro teams, and against higher league teams even.
Although, Determination, Concentration, Composure do take part along with their Morale and happiness to their impact in the game.
So i would suggest it give your players individual talks, change their roles slightly, even ticking the Hold Up Ball tactic helps. Think realistically.
I realise this cause I use to have this problem all the time and in frustrate the living **** out of me. Next time, if nothing is working the way its suppose to, its not the games fault, its most likely to be you. That's what I found out.

I hope it helps, slightly, even though it doesn't directly answer your question.

Train teamwork only in your match training once your tactic is fluid. Do that for a while and see if your results improve.

Train your strikers on their finishing and preferred moves (place shots), talk to them individually and tell them to improve

Back