Uygar89

Reaction score
I am in the first season with West Ham United, just 3 games left, I am leading by one point and also have one game in hand. My next two oppositions are Southampton (20th place) at home and Stoke City (19th place) away. Just need to win one of them and I have almost done it. I am leading 2-0 against Southampton and my players somehow manage it to still lose even though I was dominating the game. Next match against Stoke, using a tactic for 35 games having amazing results, high motivation, morale superb and suddenly Stoke is hitting everything with each attack, anyway I manage to turn the 2-0 lead of Stoke into a 3-2 just for the reason, that my ******* defender (Ogbonna, having very good mental stats) is playing a backpass which fells short and diouf just smashes it into the net. I swear by god I knew something like that will happen. You can really smell when things are going against you and you can not do anything, but really anything. I was using counter team mentality, I could have used contain and everything else and still I would have conceded. Just look at those ******* screenshots. It really makes me frustrating, investing time and money for this ******* game just in order to get screwed up. This has nothing to do with bad luck, or tactic or something else. Show me one ******* team irl that is leading 2-0 at home against a 20th place team with just 3 games to go and the chance to build up the lead to 4 points that is idiotically giving away this game... WTF is wrong with this game? They have completely ruined this ******* game. It is not the game, which it was in 11 and 12. But hey, I can now build stadiums and sell fan articles...
View attachment 150378View attachment 150377View attachment 150376View attachment 150375

Honestly mate, don't waste threads on rants. We have a form for that: Post your Frustration/Rage

yeah I know, but thought this would be too special. still can not believe and wondering whether it was my tactic or not. I mean playing the game since 2011 and usually when my team was performing superb and suddenly it broke, it was always the tactic but the time when everything started to fall apart was always in the beginning of the scnd half of the season but not 3 games before the end of the season.. and also statistically I was outclassing both teams... so can it really be random or bad luck?

yeah I know, but thought this would be too special. still can not believe and wondering whether it was my tactic or not. I mean playing the game since 2011 and usually when my team was performing superb and suddenly it broke, it was always the tactic but the time when everything started to fall apart was always in the beginning of the scnd half of the season but not 3 games before the end of the season.. and also statistically I was outclassing both teams... so can it really be random or bad luck?

Okay, let me break this down for you.

You came second in the season where 1st place has only 76 points. That's a bad season. A very low point total.
Leicester City won the current season with 81 points. That's actually a low tally given the history of league winners.

SeasonLeague WinnersWinsDrawsLossesPoints
You SeasonWest Ham2013573
2015/16Leicester City2312381
2014/15Chelsea269387
2013/14Manchester City275686
2012/13Manchester United285589
2011/12Manchester City285586
2010/11Manchester United2311480
2009/10Chelsea275686
2008/09Manchester United286490

There has long been a noticed patturn in how you win the premier league. You can afford to loose, or draw. But never both. You can't draw and loose games and still expect to finish top. If you look at the past 8 season, teams that have drawn a lot of game (United [2010/11 season; Leincster City [2015/16] season), they didn't loose many game. They won the other games and that made up for the points they dropped.

And when you look at team who lost more than 3-4 games, they didn't drawn many games. They didn't settle for 1 point a piece and chased those 3 points to make up for the points they lost.

Your team's away record simply wasn't good enough. You drew 7 games and lost 3 (from what I can see in the screen shot). Looking at your league table, you drew 13 games. Only 3 times in the past 8 years has the Premier League winner drawn more than 10 games in a season. So with your tally of 13, you needed to make sure you didn't loose many games. Except you lost 5 game. You lost 5 games and drew 13 games. That's simply not good enough to win the league.

You're blaming the game for making your team fall apart when the truth is, the other title challenges were not having a good season and they opened the door for another team to win; like Leicester City could have this season, except they did what you didn't do, they kept their losses to a minimum to compensate for drawing so many games - they only lost 3 games. You finished the season with 73 points. That's usually a 5th-3rd place finish. So given any other season, you'd have finished lower than 2nd. So you've still overachieved with such a low points total.

I mean playing the game since 2011 and usually when my team was performing superb and suddenly it broke, it was always the tactic but the time when everything started to fall apart was always in the beginning of the seconnd half of the season but not 3 games before the end of the season.

you didn't fall apart 3 games from the end. You lost ground in December, just before the second half of the season

View attachment 150369

and also statistically I was outclassing both teams... so can it really be random or bad luck?

Then all I can say is credit to the team who got draws from a team who outclassed them on the pitch. Chelsea beating Barcelona in the Champions League Semi-Final a few years ago springs to mind. I

No team has any right to win any game. Playing well doesn't win you games, scoring goals win you games. And what good is playing well if you're not scoring goals? What's the point is statistically dominating teams if you're not scoring goals. Did you really outclass them if you dominated them yet scored the same number of goals as a team that was dominated. From the sounds of it, they actually defended well and allowed you to dominated the game and played for the draw.

What do you want to tell me? Are you a SI lawyer? Youre really talking non sense... wanna tell me that I fell apart in december, because I could only manage one 1 during christmas? Did you consider that I ****** played 5 games within 3 weeks and 2 of them were against city, one against manutd and one against tottenham. do you want to see the screenshots of those match stats? I was very unlucky and nevertheless, if I fell apart from this period on, I could not have managed to win the next 4-5 games. I played this game a lot and usually I notice when its time to change tactics because nothing works. Oh yeah just in case, I was 4th during christmas, I climbed up the table in the scnd period of the season. Can not believe that still someone comes on and tries to give me examples from real life in order to show me that nothing is wrong with the game. did you ever see a premier league defender passing back to his keeper falls short? and this is not just once, but almost 4-5 times a season. a typical si bug known since years. and imagine, when I had won those 2 games, I would have gotten 79 points plus the last point from the manutd game. its not about draws or losses, its about points. 79 points are usually enough in this game in order to win the league...

What do you want to tell me? Are you a SI lawyer? Youre really talking non sense... wanna tell me that I fell apart in december, because I could only manage one 1 during christmas? Did you consider that I ****** played 5 games within 3 weeks and 2 of them were against city, one against manutd and one against tottenham. do you want to see the screenshots of those match stats? I was very unlucky and nevertheless, if I fell apart from this period on, I could not have managed to win the next 4-5 games. I played this game a lot and usually I notice when its time to change tactics because nothing works. Oh yeah just in case, I was 4th during christmas, I climbed up the table in the scnd period of the season. Can not believe that still someone comes on and tries to give me examples from real life in order to show me that nothing is wrong with the game. did you ever see a premier league defender passing back to his keeper falls short? and this is not just once, but almost 4-5 times a season. a typical si bug known since years. and imagine, when I had won those 2 games, I would have gotten 79 points plus the last point from the manutd game. its not about draws or losses, its about points. 79 points are usually enough in this game in order to win the league...

I told you what I felt was wrong, but you still just want to complain. Again, I direct you to the Post your Frustration/Rage thread. Good night

Basically, your team bottled it, you suck as a manager, and it's now everyone elses fault. Would you like me to put your bottle back in the pram with you? Or would you prefer a dummy?

And before you complain that I'm picking on you, I can speak with some level of authority on the matter. If you'd have read my story (shameless plug), you would have noted my Lincoln team bottled it on 3 seperate occasions. I just didnt see the need to whine about it.

Basically, your team bottled it, you suck as a manager, and it's now everyone elses fault. Would you like me to put your bottle back in the pram with you? Or would you prefer a dummy?

And before you complain that I'm picking on you, I can speak with some level of authority on the matter. If you'd have read my story (shameless plug), you would have noted my Lincoln team bottled it on 3 seperate occasions. I just didnt see the need to whine about it.

I've bottled league title run in's as well in both my Liverpool stories. My most memorable example being in last years Liverpool story. 2 game to go, 2 point lead over Chelsea and I loose both my games to miss out on the title on the final day. Still, only made me want it more next season.

Last edited:
LOL :) Dude, you almost won English Primer League with West Ham that was predicted to finish 11th and you are still complaining? You should be happy :)

That's football pal! If the teams at the top always beat the teams at the bottom it would be very boring to watch.

So put your tampon back in, improve your team and win the title next season!

I really don't see anything extraordinary here... Dude, you are West Ham, the first season what else can you expect?

I really would look at the matches you lost to lesser opposition while being 2-0 in front. What did you do when you went ahead? Continued to play as before? What did you do when they pulled one back? Continued to play as before?

Its inexcusable when needing not to lose a match to allow yourself to lose it having been 2-0 in front against lesser opposition! Though Im not exactly sure that Southampton are lesser opposition to your West Ham whatever their league position when you played against them.

To cut a long story short you fecked up your tactics ...

Let's put it that way. If this guy isn't at least a relative of el_magico89, this would be alarmingly indicative of the culture of playing that has developed in places like this.

- throwing random plug&play stuff at the ME in testing leagues until some of it sticks the most (typically a result of hitting defending bugs plus lack of sophistication in AI tactical decision making)
- never understanding thus what's actually going on much, which is him being part of a dynamic football world where every AI man happens to have different prefered formations and may try to frustrate big teams vs. vice versa (a bit like in football), both succeeding in sometimes against a run of play
- developing and spreading bad theory ("tactics fail at one point / have to change wholesale") rather than developing however simply strategies that would i.e. see out close games/get back into things // stretch teams parking the bus all match // protect against counter attacks which is a really issue with like 9 out of 10 downloads "tested" this year as there is either NO holding player or at best one covering two completely open flanks, guys should be lucky this isn't hit more often
- etc. etc.

Unlike really previous, the remaining bugs aren't big enough that you would be guaranteed wins every time just cuz though, like the marking bugs in really diablo downloads that would see your side have quality chances during each brief spell of position even if it was visibly thouroughly outplayed all match. So whilst the disclaimer typically is that "I don't really want a win button", demanding better than constantly overachieving with West Ham is exactly what looking for a "win button" is. If he would continue, he would dominate the EPL in no time. But as things stand and he considers himself expert truly due to the admittedly huge success, which he isn't and has revelead as much right here (need to change tactics, they "suddenly stop working..."), he will rather continue to keep rage quitting each time his average side drops points because gasp that can't happen.

Every way of playing is perfectly viable. But from all that experience here and elsewhere you must conclude and advice to stay the **** away of the downloads forums if you want anybody ever to get to grips with the game. If this is seen as failure and means of raging and calling people names, then there's something seriously wrong.

Last edited:
Let's put it that way. If this guy isn't at least a relative of el_magico89, this would be alarmingly indicative of the culture of playing that has developed in places like this.

- throwing random plug&play stuff at the ME in testing leagues until some of it sticks the most (typically a result of hitting defending bugs plus lack of sophistication in AI tactical decision making)
- never understanding thus what's actually going on much, which is him being part of a dynamic football world where every AI man happens to have different prefered formations and may try to frustrate big teams vs. vice versa (a bit like in football), both succeeding in sometimes against a run of play
- developing and spreading bad theory ("tactics fail at one point / have to change wholesale") rather than developing however simply strategies that would i.e. see out close games/get back into things // stretch teams parking the bus all match // protect against counter attacks which is a really issue with like 9 out of 10 downloads "tested" this year as there is either NO holding player or at best one covering two completely open flanks, guys should be lucky this isn't hit more often
- etc. etc.

Unlike really previous, the remaining bugs aren't big enough that you would be guaranteed wins every time just cuz though, like the marking bugs in really diablo downloads that would see your side have quality chances during each brief spell of position even if it was visibly thouroughly outplayed all match. So whilst the disclaimer typically is that "I don't really want a win button", demanding better than constantly overachieving with West Ham is exactly what looking for a "win button" is. If he would continue, he would dominate the EPL in no time. But as things stand and he considers himself expert truly due to the admittedly huge success, which he isn't and has revelead as much right here (need to change tactics, they "suddenly stop working..."), he will rather continue to keep rage quitting each time his average side drops points because gasp that can't happen.

Every way of playing is perfectly viable. But from all that experience here and elsewhere you must conclude and advice to stay the **** away of the downloads forums if you want anybody ever to get to grips with the game. If this is seen as failure and means of raging and calling people names, then there's something seriously wrong.

Every time I go on a bad run, I get that usual pang and desire for a "winning tactic." I've finished 2nd so many times simply because I didn't fine tune or tweak that tactic enough to get the most out of the players but that's what FM is to me; it's what football is to me. Constantly trying to be the best, rather than thinking you are and inspecting the yearly trophy hoard.

When I really think about it, I adore dropping points when I was ahead. It's why I keep playing the game since it keeps me compelled. If I won every game, I'd have gotten board of it and found something else. Almost on a monthly basis, the game finds a new way to infuriate me and that keeps me sitting at my Liverpool save trying to adapt to the new midfield the title challengers have.