SEVILLA FC- A RISING FORCE

• Thread starter Thread starter roberdooo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

roberdooo

Reaction score
Head coach of Sevilla FC, Unai Emery has handed in his resignation today. The club was quick to release an official statement confirming his departure.
Sevilla FC are sad to confirm that manager Unai Emery has quit his post today leaving the job open. Unfortunately the manager and the club could not see eye to eye on the best route to take the club forward. We want to thank Mr.Emery for the job he did whilst he was in charge, we wish him success in his next job. There is still some time before the new season commences and we can promise the fans that we will thoroughly access the available options to continue taking this club forward. Thank you.

In an interview with FM Seville, Emery stated that the reason for his departure was "a disagreeement in transfer policy". "It is truly sad that this route has had to be taken" said Emery, "I want to thank the Sevilla fans for the superb support that I received throughout my tenure at the club and I wish the club good fortune going forward".
When asked what he would do he replied, "I haven't really thought that through yet. For now I intend to spend some time with my family". "I am quite sure that in time a new offer and challenge will emerge. Then I shall access my options. Thank you"
It is quite unsure who the club will pick as his successor because no names have been thrown around yet. We hope to bring you more on this in the coming days but for now watch this space.

View attachment 354293
SEVILLA APPOINT RAUL ROBERTO
View attachment 354291

Sevilla have appointed legendary Spanish midfielder Raul Roberto as head coach. Speaking at a press conference today, president Jose Castro said "Roberto is someone with a lot of pedigree and the board has decided he is the man to lead us into a new era". "We know the fans may have some reservations due to him having little no experience as a manager, but we are confident that we have made the correct decision".

In a press conference to unveil the new manager, Roberto looked calm, "I am delighted to take over the role of head coach. It was truly a suprise to me that the club has decided to take this punt on me after showing them my tactical blueprints and jargon". "You know us modern day coaches" he added with a chuckle. When asked about the future of star midfielder Ivan Rakitic he replied, "I think that's a pretty silly question. I'm here to make this club a force and not weaken it, so I don't see any logical reason why I would let Ivan leave".

Asked about his coaching style, he said "I wouldn't say I have a 'style'. I send my team out with only one intention and that is to win at all cost". "To be honest I don't care if we win playing beautiful football or parking the bus. My main concern is getting the 3 points on the board for the whole world to see". Finally he was asked what direction he was taking the club in and his reply was bold to say the least, "those folks at Barca and Madrid had better get squiggly in their seats 'cos the seville army is coming". Scary to say the least.

View attachment 354278
MASSIVE STAFF CLEAR OUT
In a radical move, Raul Roberto has decided to clear out his entire first team backroom staff. Assistant manager Juan Carlos Carcedo, Coaches Diego Martinez, Moises Del Hoyo, Sergio Dominguez Cobo, Juan Martagon and Francisco Cabrera have all had their contracts mutually terminated. Leaving the club also are physio's Juan Martin Gallardo and Juan Dios Cervian. A spokesperson from the club clerified this saying, "The manager feels the laid off staff simply do not meet the requires standard for a club as big as Sevilla. WE wish them well". He also added that replacements have been contacted and would be joining the club imminently.
Yves Colleu comes in as assistant manager. During his playing career he represented french clubs AS Saint-Etienne and Tours FC. His previous coaching stints were at Stade Rennais, Rangers, Olympique Lyon, Paris Saint-Germain, Cameroon and Oman.
Completing the backroom staff are Gian Nicola Bisciotti, Didier Farrugia, Rene Meulesteen, Toni Ruiz and Ulf Kirsten.
View attachment 354258View attachment 354257View attachment 354256View attachment 354255View attachment 354254

View attachment 354247
TWO JOIN SEVILLA

Sevilla Fc is pleased to announce the capture of midfielders Mahamadou Diarra and Pedro Obiang. Diarra joins the club on a free transfer after his Fulham contract expired and Obiang joins for an initial fee of £6 million.

"I am pleased the club has been able to push forward these transfers and completed them quickly. Particularly Diarra because quite a few clubs were sniffing around for his signature." the manager said, "Pedro is a very talented player who I feel can accomplish a variety of roles accross the midfield for us". "To be honest this deal was very tough to pull of because Sampdoria negotiated hardball and at times it seemed negotiations would never end". "Somebody should please tell me all transfers are not as hard as this".
View attachment 354242View attachment 354241
"It's very pleasing to be back in spain. I've really missed this league" said the former Madrid midfielder Diarra. "I am entering the final leg of my career, and signing for a progressive club like Sevilla is truly an exciting challenge".
"The manager has sat down with me and told me his vision for the club and I am positive that this club will be winning honours yearly in no time". "The fans are magnificent and I truly can't wait to put on that jersey and perform for them"
Obiang was in a cheery move, "Its a delight to be back in my homeland after a few years in Italy. Better yet at a top spanish club like Sevilla". "Once I got a call from my agent that Roberto was interested in me it was really a no-brainer"
These are truly exciting times at the club. The midfield has really been lacking in numbers and the manager has now filled that up with quantity and quality. Whether the signing of Obiang is linked to rumours that Ivan Rakitic is unhappy at the club remains to be seen. For now all is cheery and bright in Seville.
We here at sevilla.es have prepared a graphic to display the strenghts and weaknesses of the signings. Let's hope they turn out to be instrumental in the clubs quest for success.
View attachment 354233View attachment 354232

Hope you guys enjoy the story. Any feedback or constructive criticism is encouraged.

Back