Danny091283

Reaction score
I really got problems with finding the right tactic for Sevilla. It's one of my favorourite fm clubs, but nothing is really working wel.
I did read the guide to football mannager site: Guide to Football Manager | FM 2016 Guide but i still need to start my game over and over again.

Now i am using the 4-2-3-1 tactic with both wingers on inside and support and i use my striker as an deep laying striker.
In the beginning i tried some 4-3-3 with an dmc but my passing from defence was verry bad and i got a lot of goals against me. I was playing some barca style.

My best players are Kopyalenka-Gameiro-Banega. But i can't find a playstyle that fits them. Banega is best as advanced playmaker from mc on an support duty, gameiro is a trequarista and kopyalenka is an inside winger support
Other winger Vitolo or Reyes are both inside wingers as well.
But i can't play 2 inside support wingers with an trequarista. Who is then the deep striker?

I did take a look at my team and i did see headers and teamwork are the best things. But gameiro isn't to good for heading and my both wingers got only 13 and 14 for crossing. So how can i fit everything into 1 tactic?

I hope you guys can help me out here.

I really got problems with finding the right tactic for Sevilla. It's one of my favorourite fm clubs, but nothing is really working wel.
I did read the guide to football mannager site: Guide to Football Manager | FM 2016 Guide but i still need to start my game over and over again.

Now i am using the 4-2-3-1 tactic with both wingers on inside and support and i use my striker as an deep laying striker.
In the beginning i tried some 4-3-3 with an dmc but my passing from defence was verry bad and i got a lot of goals against me. I was playing some barca style.

My best players are Kopyalenka-Gameiro-Banega. But i can't find a playstyle that fits them. Banega is best as advanced playmaker from mc on an support duty, gameiro is a trequarista and kopyalenka is an inside winger support
But i can't play 2 inside support wingers with an trequarista. Who is then the deep striker?

I did take a look at my team and i did see headers and teamwork are the best things. But gameiro isn't to good for heading and my both wingers got only 13 and 14 for crossing. So how can i fit everything into 1 tactic?

Your best bet would to go into a bit more detail, but from what you described a DLF with IF/S next to him, good mean you just having got anyone getting in the box to score the goals, IF's do cut in on a Support duty but for example an A duty would make them actively run ahead of their usual position to score, while a support will generally just keep up with play and not burst beyond them.

If you put in some screen shots of your tactics/instructions and maybe even the players attributes then people should be able to help.

Another thing that could help is if you look at my thread 'Starting at a club - Tips' if could help you (it's a few below this thread atm), but in there it has a link to a fantastic thread from WJ on how he goes about getting it working when he first joins a club and there's even a really long post at the end about how I analysed my squad to notice a few things I'd work towards with the team I had, all from looking at the players and taking notes of roles their attributes fitted and working out how to make these into a fully functioning team.

I think you're focusing/worrying too much about the players preferred roles. You should have a style of play in your head that you want your team to play, obviously bearing what type of players you have - and then have the players fit the roles for your team ethic. Players will learn to play any role, the game just tells you what they're most familiar in. Go by your own judgement on the players information and attributes.

If you ask me what playstyle i want is something like Villas Boas did with Porto in 2010-2011. But i don't know if you can make something like that in fm2016

If you ask me what playstyle i want is something like Villas Boas did with Porto in 2010-2011. But i don't know if you can make something like that in fm2016
Pretty much anything is possible. Why don't you explain exactly what the vision/plan is and how you went about implementing it and why. That's a start.

Make sure that what you're assigning players to do, they actually have the attributes to do though.