Shadowed by a legend - A Manchester United story

MaximumPower

Reaction score
View attachment 247082

Sir Alex Ferguson retires
The former Man Utd manager retired today after his 19th top flight title with Manchester United. The chairman of the famous squad David Gill, speaking to the press at the press conference he arranged with the ex-manager, realeased this statement, 'We are dissappointed that Sir Alex retired from football following his successful period at Old Trafford but we are working towards getting a new manager that can live up to his standards'.

Rumours are going around that Malcolm Glazer took matters into his own hands and talked to several applicants including Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Steve Bruce but David Gill denies any accusation towards Malcolm. 'I have no idea where this rumour came from, myself and Glazer agreed I would be in charge of searching for the new manager'

David Gill however did reveal that they have a number of possible managers on their shortlist amassing a total of 17. With such a large number of possibilities we can safely say it will take a while before David Gill and his club can announce the new manager to replace Sir Alex Ferguson.

Man Utd's new manager
Manchester United's new manager has been revealed, Paul Phelan. As many of you may know, Mike Phelan is the current assistant manager at Old Trafford but not many of you would know about his brother Paul. Mike'sbrother formerly managed French side Grenoble, English side Crystal Palace and then managing Spanish side Athletic Bilbao. Paul also was the agent of Iker Munian before he became the Grenoble manager.

In a press conference arranged by Mike, Paul was asked by BBC Radio 5 Live, 'It can't be an enviable task for you to follow in the footsteps of a legend like Alex Ferguson. How do you think you will measure up to your predescessor?' Paul replied to this question with 'It isn't easy for me to come and sit in the office and dug-out that Alex made his own. A period of transition is inevitable.'

With everyone looking towards Man United's pre-season to see how Paul employs tactics will enjoy matches against New York, AEK and Malaga. Rumours are going around he will play a 5-3-2 but nothing has been confirmed. On the topic of transfers, Paul is believed to be interested in Iker Munian due to the connection between the two and he is also believed to be interested in Swedish winger Kim Kallstrom although yet again nothing is confirmed

Phelan's pre-season

Manchester United's pre-season may only be halfway through but it already has given us massive amounts of drama and a sign of what to come. The 4 matches that have been played were against Dalian, Chengdu, New York and AEK with 2 wins and 2 draws. Manchester United were shocked by Dalian as they only drew 1-1 but made up for it with a 2-0 win over Chengdu. In a 6 goal thriller, Manchester United drew 3-3 with American side New York Red Bulls but the match was nothing compared to the next match.

The friendly against AEK, most people expected for Man United to win by 2 goals, 3 goals at the most but nobody expected what happened. Manchester United won 7-2 in a very dramatic game, Javier Hernandez scored five goals with Wayne Rooney and Anderson scoring the other two. Ryan Giggs unfortunately scored into his own net and then AEK scored their second

good luck- following, doing a similar story myself- manchester united- the next generation. advice: buy erick torres- class.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to play 10 matches in the Prem before the next update to make it easier for me so you'll have to wait a while

Shield Success

Paul Phelan may only have been in charge of Manchester United for 6 games but he has certainly given the fans something to smile about. The pre-season consisted of 5 games, 2 draws and 3 wins including the amazing 7-2 win against Greek side AEK and the nail-biting 3-3 draw with New York Red Bulls and then Phelan stepped up to his hardest challenge so far, the Community Shield.

The Community Shield is always a preview of how some of the teams are going to perform and I think people will be expecting Man United to be crowned champions for the 20th time after their 2-0 win over fierce rivals Manchester City who everyone expects to be their biggest challenge. The City side which has spent millions bringing in foreign talent was all outdone by Manchester United's most expensive signing of the window, Steve Mandanda. The French keeper stopped numerous shots and gained the prestigious Man of the Match.

Both goals came in the second half when Nani scored a wonderful goal on the 61st minute to give the Red Devils the advantage. The second goal came on 83 minutes when the Citizens respected captain Vincent Kompany accidentally put the ball into his own net leaving Man United players and fans estatic.

I decided to put the Shield in a seperate update, also I had to reveal one of my signings there. The others will be revealed on the 10 match update

Back