Shakhtar Donetsk - Building a Brazilian Empire

EnterBroadway

Reaction score
This'll just be a start off post, not actual story.I'm doing this just cause I like recording my career, I'm gonna try and make it as visually appealing as possible and trying to do those really cheesy real world news styles hope you follow my story :)

Introduction

150px-FC_Shakhtar_Donetsk.png

I started this off with a simple idea of creating a European team with a largely Brazilian core, comprising of mainly young promising Brazilian talent brought over from Brazil to let them shine and develop in Europe. Choosing a team was a really important decision, I wanted a team with a decent bank as well as being in a league with no out of EU limit. Shakhtar was an easy choice after that because of their core group of Brazilian talent and the leagues lack of limit, so in continuing Shakhtar's legacy of signing bright Brazilian talent I took charge of Shakhtar Donetsk.

Goals​

• [*=center]Within 4 years reach a squad comprising of over 90% Brazilian Players
    [*=center]Finish top of the Ukranian Premier League in the first season
    [*=center]Get to the Round of 8/16 in the Champions League
    [*=center]Get the best young Brazilian players IN Brazil.

Key Players

Rakitskyi
Srna
Willian
Douglas Costa
Marko Devic
Fernandinho
Eduardo

I'll do pre-season/start of season post soon :)

Last edited:
I played Shakhtar on FM '11 and don't they have a 'you must have x Ukrainians in starting 11' in their league?

I played Shakhtar on FM '11 and don't they have a 'you must have x Ukrainians in starting 11' in their league?
I'm not at home so I can't check for sure atm but I played the first league/cup game with no Ukranian midfielders/forwards and i believe only my two CBs + Keeper was Ukranian so i'm pretty sure it aint? Checked Wiki, it appears the limit is 7 non-ukrainians in the first XI. Should be fine. I can achieve my goals, have players that can probably get Ukrainian nationality in a few years.

Last edited:
I just checked and you can't have more than 7 foreign players in your starting 11 which could be annoying!

3hpDv.png

Shakhtar Donetsk Appoint Lucas Silva as New Manager

In a surprising turn of events Lucas Silva has replaced long serving manager of Shakhtar Donetsk, Mircea Lucescu. Mircea has been manager at Shakhtar Donetsk since 2004 and many questions have been asked as to why he has been given the axe. Chairman Akhmetov said that he felt that Shakhtar had reached a standstill in terms of progression and by bring in Silva he was hoping to propel Shakhtar forward. Silva managed 61 caps for the Brazilian National Team during his playing days and this new position will be the first of his managerial career. Akhmetov stated that he believed Silva's brilliance as a player would easily translate into making him one of the world's best managers.

During Silva's unveiling press conference he had no shortages of compliments on former manager Lucescu as well as his new team Shakhtar Donetsk. He said that he would focus on using the generous budget he was given on looking at future prospects and would be focusing on Shakhtar's European campaign along with domestic competitions.

YBobZ.png

Silva was quick to dive into the transfer market signing four players within the span of 3 days from his home country of Brazil. Joining the club was Wallace, Wellington Nem, Ademilson and Douglas Santos.

Wallace // Fluminense -> Shakhtar (5m)
Wellington Nem // Fluminense -> Shakhtar (3.5m)
Ademilson // Sao Paulo -> Shakhtar (5.25m)
Douglas Santos // Nautico -> Shakhtar (4.3m)

Silva was quick to praise Wellington Nem as he was quickly slotted into the first team in the sides first competitive fixture against Metalurg in the Ukrainian Super Cup. Silva has also publicly spoken that there is a strong interest in Atletico Mineiro's bright young talent Bernard.

f88Hy.png

Preseason
Shakhtar 1 -1 Anji
Shaktar 1-1 CSKA Moscow
Shakhtar 6-2 Hertha BSC
Shakhtar 2-1 Cottbus

Silva commented that he was pleased with his teams efforts in preseason and said the team was in perfect condition entering into their competitive fixtures. Silva's next test was against Metalurg in the Ukrainian Super Cup Finals. Where Silva could get his first silverware relatively soon after joining.

Ukranian Super Cup
Shakhtar 3-1 Metalurg

That victory saw Shakhtar lift the Super Cup trophy and Silva have his first taste at success but he was quick to say that he placed little importance on the game saying it was more of a match of preparation for his player ahead of the coming season.

Regular Season
Metalurg Zp 0-2 Shakhtar
July 13th 2012

---

Quite a bit for one post yet also quite short. There will be more different types on content in the future! Stay tuned.

funny thing i just beat Shakhtar in the Europa League Quarter Finals on my Liverpool Save. Any way Nice Results and good luck wih the Brazilian Thing

I just checked and you can't have more than 7 foreign players in your starting 11 which could be annoying!
If that is annoying , what do you think about france? Can't register more then 4 foreigns :|

so only after 8 or 9 years, you will be able to make it 100% brazillian ? with your starting brazilians finally gaining ukraine citizenship ? :p but after that, it should be fine aslong as you keep them and play them and stuff :p

you can make it work, i had this team on fm12, wouldnt work on 13 though so sign different players, i wanted dykan and konoplyanka, among others, just get the best ukranians, also there was a couple of young players at dynamo kiev who were great.

--------------pyatov-----------
--srna-chygrinski--rakitskyi--rat--
------romulo----fernandinho------
--d.costa----oscar----willian----
-------------bezus-------------

bezus was a great striker, not sure about him on fm13. but pyatov, chyg, rakit, rat and bezus were in my starting 11 in the league, then you can sign some quality brazilian players and quality ukranians and rotate in the league then use only brazilians in european comps.