MaximumPower

Reaction score
Okay, so I am going to manage Shakhtar but I don't have any of LFCMarshall's updates as I had to delete them

I chose Shakhtar as you don't see many Ukrainian stories and I thought it would be good to challenge in Europe with them.
Shakhtar appoint Brooks
View attachment 277952

Ukrainian side FC Shakhtar Donetsk have appointed English manager Keiren Brooks to take the hot seat at Donbas-Arena and is set to lead the Miners to success. Shakhtar fans are in outrage over this controversial decision as they were in the belief that chairman Rinat Akhmetov was going to appoint a Ukrainian manager and if the manager was foreign that he would be a Shakhtar icon from Brazil but Rinat had other plans.

When interviewed about his appointment at the Ukrainian league champions he stated,'I was shocked myself when Akhmetov approached me but I took the job as I saw there was unrecognized potential at Shakhtar similar to Russian sides like Zenit St. Petersburg and that Shakhtar won the Euro Cup in 2009 I saw it as an opportunity to make myself known as a talented manager and my target is simple. Win the Champions League with Shakhtar'

Brooks' aspirations maybe a bit over the top for the Shakhtar fans who are still in shock over the appointment but Brooks deems it a perfectly reasonable target and will strive to any lengths to achieve this goal. As of today, no Ukrainian side has won the Champions League but Brooks is determined to set that straight. With a reported transfer budget of 30 million we can expect some big name signings as well.

Good start, I'll be following this for sure, since I'm managing Shakthar Donetsk and Ukraine national team!

Let me know if you need any help and players wise :)