Sheff Utd Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Sheffutd123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

Sheffutd123

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this, my first story but heres goes . . . . .

So iv decided to start a save game with my favorite team, Sheffield United. Looking at the team, play offs should be the target, if not automatic promotion. However the board want me to win the league, which could be difficult with good teams like Huddersfield, Charlton, Sheff Wed and others who will also be challenging.

The current aquad is good (especially for League 1), however the finances are going to be a problem, it doesnt even look like im able to get anyone on a free transfer. Looks like im going to have to sell some of my better players to raise funds.

Left back and centre half are my main problem, will have to bring in loans for these positions!

Anyway will have to see how the next month or so goes on . . . . . .

can i reccomend joe widdowson from rochdale. being a fan, im bias, but hes always been good for me, though hes not good enoughfor the championship, **** have cheap wages, and a low transfer fee. hes a left back btw

gotta get promoted i your first season, they give you some money if you do. i'm in prem with them atm. whatever you do DONT sell Evans and McDonald. I'll be following been a blade myself UTB

Right, so i said i would have to ger rid of some high earners, which i did! I had to get the wage bill down by nearly 30k a week! So I realsed a lot of the fring players including Andy Taylor, Jonny Ertle, Parrino, Chris Porter and Richard Cresswell. I also sold David McAlister to Peterborough for 50k, Marc Warren also to Peterborough for 40k, and the biggest transfer was Nick Montgomery to QPR for £1m. I didnt want to lose Monty but i couldnt turn down £1m!!
To replace these i brought in a few loans, including, Andrew Davis, Rob Hulse, Nile Ranger and old UTD favorite, Michael Tonge. I also signed a devensive midfielder called Brahim Hemdani on a free transfer.
I am still looking for a left back but so far have been unsucessful! I tried to get the lad from Rochdale Joe Widdowsom, but they wanted nearly £500k which i cant afford! Thanks for the advice though.

I have decided to play a 4-5-1 formation, with 3 central midfielders and 2 attacking wingers.

I start the season with a though game away to Charlton, then a league cup game away at Tranmere which i think i will play some younger players in. Then in my first home game i entertain Rochdale, followed my Mk Dons then away to Hartlepool and end the month with a home game against local team Chesterfield.

View attachment 222178

View attachment 222180

View attachment 222181

Good Luck Man As A Sheffield United Fan Myself We Start With Naff All Wages And Nowt To Spend :)

500k! i like him buthes never worth that! what bout tom kennedy on loan?

So at the end of the first month we are top of the league! Winning 4 out of 5 games this month. The only dissapointing result was the 0-1 away to Hartlepool where we were really poor and were made to pay for it. Finishing the month with a 5-0 win against Chesterfield. The game against Charlton was also really pleasing as we bossed the game and dominated them all game until Collins made a mistake for the to equalise!
The next months fixtures all look winable tbh, with Notts County at home and Walsall Away looking to be the trickiest fixtures for September.
Lets hope the next month goes as well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

View attachment 222436

View attachment 222440

So, a couple of months have gone by, we are still top of the league :) With Preston 2 points behind and Walsall 3 points behind! We are also in the Johnston Paint Trophey quater final against Port Vale.
We had a nasty injury to striker Rob Hulse in September too, he was going to be out for 4 months!! So he went back to QPR until he regains full fitness. I thought we could be caught a bit short up-front with Hulse gone as i also had a fall out with Nile Ranger!! He complained about not getting enough playing time and has turned up for training late 3 times now! If i could i would replace him with someone else! So anyway, i searched the loan market for a new striker and came across Robbie Blake :) i managed to get him on a 3 month loan taking him up fo Feb.
Hopefully i can carry on in this form, having only lost 2 games out of 12 and winning 8 :)
View attachment 223654

I'm currently in a Sheff Utd Save & I signed Gary Borrowdale on loan for LB & he's been brilliant also Jamie Mackie on loan, him & Ched Evans have scored 30 odd goals between them before Xmas ^^), Danny Rose is a top loan signing too...

Its now the begining of Feb and we are still top of the league :) having only dropped to second for one week when Preston overtoook us! I have managed to sign Robbie Blake after his initial loan period finished :)
The most pleasing part was getting through January with all players staying :) despite numerous offers form Leeds for Matt Lowton :) and an offer of £1 from Newcastle for Ched Evans, that the board accpeted for me but he rejected their contract : ) Losing him would have really harmed our promotion chances, we are a bit over dependant on him at the moment! Having scored 25 league goals in 35 appearances : )
Were top of the league by 8 points :) however second place Preston have 2 games in hand : ) We are also 11 points clear of 3rd as well : )
Winning the league obviously remains the challenge : )

Back