i'm afraid there isn't a specific tactic for 1 team/league
it's something your going to after figure out. what kind of football do you want your team to play
future plans for the team?
sheff united are predicited to win the league, so an attacking formation would work.

i'm afraid there isn't a specific tactic for 1 team/league
it's something your going to after figure out. what kind of football do you want your team to play
future plans for the team?
sheff united are predicited to win the league, so an attacking formation would work.
yes I want to play attacking :)

yeah that be best result, not sure on the strikers seeing has ched evans not there anymore.
maybe try a fluid/attacking 4-2-3-1 ? using that for wednesday in championship and working a treat.
short passing etc. use the SHOUTS to retain possession, and work ball into the box.

yeah that be best result, not sure on the strikers seeing has ched evans not there anymore.
maybe try a fluid/attacking 4-2-3-1 ? using that for wednesday in championship and working a treat.
short passing etc. use the SHOUTS to retain possession, and work ball into the box.
Ok thanks will try it

I'm trying it against Swindon now, i'll tell you the result in a bit.
HT = 0 - 0, Had a great deal of possession but cannot get enough key chances to score.
FT = 0 - 0, We just lacked the finishing in the end, tactic works pretty well, just blame my strikers oO)

HT = 0 - 0, Had a great deal of possession but cannot get enough key chances to score.
FT = 0 - 0, We just lacked the finishing in the end, tactic works pretty well, just blame my strikers oO)

OFFTOPIC : At the start of the game the most valuable player that was realistic was worth 2.9mil, its only the middle of September and its now 4.5mil (Barry Bannan)

Game 2 against Shrewsbury, I did intense training on attacking and guess what? 0 - 0.
Thats it, more training ready...

Last edited:
Sheffield United Tactic

Try 451 / a poacher, 2 inside forwards, left cm automatic or support, cm advanced playmaker on attack, right cm defence, flat back four consisting of full backs on automatic and 2 standard centre halfs, normal keeper.

tactics:
attacking, fluid, short passing, zonal marking, everything else on default.

everybody but the 3 forward men on zonal tight marking, the 3 forward men on man marking, not tight tho.

I play mixed focus passing, if mcdonald is fit i use him as my playmaker. Its up to you tho, if you have a more creative player on say the left wing then have him as your playmaker and have focus down the left.
Have your poacher as target man and recieve to feet.

Shouts: stand off, retain possession, work ball into box.

I personally would get rid of all the old gits like cressy, doyle, coyne, higginbotham, etc and also anyone on wages over 5 grand, just release em all. Theres plenty of decent players to fetch in for free and if you buy a player for around 1 mil or under you can adjust budget when it comes to paying for him.
Scout Scotland theres some good cheap players. Also look out for WG Wagstaff, ST McKay, WG Brandy, DM Clifford, LB Gordon, RB Chimbonda, LB Blackman, ST Glen.