Sheffield Fc

Reaction score
images

images

Megson leaves with Chris Evans after Wednesday are relegated.

Gary Megson and Chris Evans haf left Sheffield Wednesday today as the owls were relegated to League one after a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace on the last day of the season.

images

Alan Lee and Darren Ambrose sent the owls down on Survival Sunday despite Wednesday pulling them back twice with goals from Leon Clarke and Darren Purse but they werent enough and Sheffield Wednesday were relegated.

Milan Mandaric is set to name a new manager in the next 3 weeks Bryan Robson Brian Laws Roy Keane and Ray Wilkins are rumored to be intrested but nothing has been decided said Milan Mandaric.

Can the club make an immediate return to the Championship?

Since the investment by Milan Mandaric Sheffield Wednesday had one of the worst transfer and wage budgets in the football league a suprise for such a big club. Now Mandaric is in it is time for a new start a new era with a new board of directors and a new managaer and maybe new players to.

images

When Milan Madaric was at Leicester he was known for his sacking of managers. Many managers came and went in the time he was there and will that be any confidence to the new manager that joins the football club

Good Luck I might re try to do my own Owls story ...I put one up a while ago and didnt go well heh.

Will check back and see how your getting on

Wilkins to Hillsborough.

13758.png

Wednesday get Wilkins.

Ray Wilkins has today been apointed as Sheffield Wednesday manager after long disscussions with Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric.

Rumor is going around saying that Mandaric and Wilkins were in talks for 7 days trying to come to an agreement.

Ray Wilkins was the former assistant manager at Chelsea before Carlo Ancelotti sacked Wilkins with immediate effect. He is rumored to be intrested in several players from Chelsea as a few players at Chelsea adored Ray Wilkins and werent happy when he left.

Wilkins pressconferance

The Sun: Ray is this a large stepdown?

Ray Wilkins: Of course not Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club just because they are in League one doesn't mean there not a big club.

The Star: Ray most fans have been glad youve signed a contract with the owls isn't that already a positive?

Ray Wilkins: Yes it does help.The fans at this club are tremendous i went and watched them at Q.P.R last season and to say they were battling for releagtion the fans were fantastic every single one of them so i am looking forward to seeing them on our first home game against Dagenham and Redbridge.

Sky Sports News: Ray are you going to bring in new players?

Ray Wilkins: Yes i am the club has good players but im the manager now and there will be some changes.

Sky Sports News: In that case will there be any signings from Chelsea?

Ray Wilkins: Yes i am looking to bring in 2 or 3 players from Chelsea who i think are going to a great addition to this club.

images

good luck mate :)
loved sheff wed away this year :wub:

Good Luck I might re try to do my own Owls story ...I put one up a while ago and didnt go well heh.

Will check back and see how your getting on

Thank's mate. It is hard been Sheffield Wednesday. Preseason update and August update at 17:00 :) UTO

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

good luck mate :)
loved sheff wed away this year :wub:

Yes for you it was fantastic for us it was awful.Good look in your safety.

Updates from preseason and August at 17:00 UTO

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Preseason signings and August update!

Preseason.
Sheffield Wednesday reserves 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday
Lincoln City 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Newcastle United
Chesterfield 0-5 Sheffield Wednesday
Milwall 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Preseason thoughts Ray Wilkins: I thought that we looked fantastic in preseason with 4 wins from 5 a draw against Newcastle United aswell is also a postive.

We are in talks with a number of players now all on perminants and hope to conclude them within the next few days.

Signings.
In Out
Kevin Phillips 500k Clinton Morrison 500k
Jon Parkin 500k James O'Conner 250k
Fred Sears 1m Mark Beevers 3.2m
Anthony Pilkington 500k Tommy Spurr 2m
Jacob Melis 450k Lewis Buxton 500k
Hillario 1m
Ben Gordon 100k
Michael Woods 200k
Gokhgan Tore 250k
Ricardo Fuller 600k
Michael Tounge 1m

August update.

Sheffield Wednesday 4-0 Dagenham and Redbridge

images

Colchester United 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday
images

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
images

Hartlepool United 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday
images

End of month update Ray Wilkins: So far so good we are sat top of the league conceding 1 and scoring 11 what a great achivement the new signings are settling in well and all is in course for a immdeiate return to the Championship

Awards:

Manager of the month: Ray Wilkins (Sheffield Wednesday)
Player of the month:Jon Parkin (Sheffield Wednesday)
Young player of the month:Alex Chamberlian (Southampton)

Great month mate, looks good so far, will be following

How did you get Fuller to go to a League 1 team for £600k!? :O

When did Wednesday get over 10M budget?

They get a £1.4m budget, he did sell Beevers and Spurr for like 3m each though

oh, ok they were going out, i'm a fool