The Aussie

Reaction score
Nigel Clough Resigns as Derby County Manager:
Former manager Nigel Clough has resigned from his role of manager of Derby County FC in spectacular fashion by following in his fathers footsteps after a huge bust-up with the board of what he called a 'dismal transfer and wage budget that could barely buy a an under 8's let alone a team of professionals.' This was a somewhat cleaned down version of what was said by the former manager after TV1's beeper machine almost overheated due to usage after trying to keep Nigel Clough's interview in primetime. The control chair of Derby County now remains empty and names such as Alan Shearer, Former Ram Igor Stimac and Franco Varella have all been named as favourites for the position.
9k=

A man now unemployed and in hot water over his comments.
017310_42a8bfc0.jpg

Pride Park: Home of the Rams
As I pulled into the car park of Pride Park, the home stadium of Derby County, I viewed it's once great terraces which used to be filled with fans clamoring as they're team played in the Premier League and watched great stars of football in they're own backyard. Howveer in recent years they ahd been stuck in middle table obscurity in the npower Championship and had been in the need of funds as they slipped further and further into debt. I was here on the express invite of the Chairman Tom Glick who had been shifting through applications for the manager's job and obviously must have seen something in mine he was happy with. I hadn't managed a club before, but I had got my UEFA coaching badges since my retirement from International and Club Football a decade ago.

I got out of my rneted Toyota Camry and moved up the steps to see Tom Glick and Andy Appleby, the American owners of Derby County at the top of the stairs. They ushered me through into a meeting room where we sat down and they presented me with an envelope. As they instructed em to I opened it, it was a contract for the position of manager of Derby County. I looked up at Tom when I first saw it but he nodded and said "Keep reading it".

I read through the whole contract and it entitled me to 5, 750 quid a week till 2012 and also the use of the club car, which had just been recently purchased. I looked up and asked, "what's the club car?".

The two owners looked at each and smiled, with Andy saying "It's a brand new 2010 Mulsanne, appeal to you?"

I just simply looked up and said "Nice".

Twenty minutes later I has signed the contract and was now the manager of Derby County FC. I attended a Press Conference but followed Derby County's Press Office's speech, I should try to get used to the idea of press conferences before i try my own speeches, in case I say something damaging.
2Q==

The Team:

As I had a look at the team train, I began to pick up on things about the squad, where they lacked, where they were strign and what needed improving. Kris Commons, Alberto Bueno and Thomas Cwyka all had quality but they was no back-up for Bueno and there was a big weakness in the centre of the midfield. I had also sacked my first person after sackign Assistant Manager Gary CXrosby for a fee of 60k, I then offered John Metgod the position of Assistant Manager, having seen his quality at training. However West Ham Youth Coach Tony Carr was also on my radar in case Metgod refused. Tom Glick had also agreed to arrange the signing of Leigh Griffiths for whatever cost it took and I would look into loans for the midfield with players such as Lansbury, Bebe and Darron Gibson on my radar.
Z
Z
Z

Kris Commons: Key man for Derby County and also possible captain, form his lead by example approach.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any Comments or advice are welcome, please leave a reply so I know i have followers.

Last edited: