Should I Buy FM2015

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaksta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

Zaksta

Reaction score
I have never played or owned a Football Manager game but I really like concept of controlling the team as a manager really in depth. Is it worth paying $35 for FM2015 or should I buy FM2014 for $10 to see if I like it. Please leave your opinions below.

Thanks

The FM series is really great I'm sure you'll love it. I suppose the main thing is how bothered you'd be about the database being outdated on fm14. If you want all the most recent transfers etc splash out on fm15, but you'll easily get plenty of life out of fm14 if you'd prefer to be a bit frugal - I imagine as a new player if you really enjoy it, it will take you through comfortably to fm16 in November.

Game wise there will naturally be an improvement from one year to the next, but as a new player you won't notice the little changes between each iteration really and FM14 is a fantastic game so you won't be missing out on much if you chose that option.

Personally I'd go 14 if you want to give it a trial period so to speak

Thanks for that piece of advice, I might pick up FM14 and give that a go!!

Isn't there a FM15 demo? I'd suggest trying that.

If not, I'd still recommend 15 over 14 if you can afford it. If not, then 14 is still a great game.

Try the demo. But most importantly of all-you must be patient with the game. There's a **** of a lot of depth to these games, from picking tactics to man management. I cannot emphasise enough about patience if you've never played this series before. But when it comes together and pays off (especially for a smaller club) it's very much worth it. But I can assure you of this-you will rage, you will swear a f***tonne at times-but you will love it if that's your thing.

Good luck!

Edit-And if you do get stuck there's some extremely helpful people on the forum so there's plenty of help available.

Back