zsashan

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just started a new game with OGC NICE and I have problem with balotelli.

His contract will expire at the end of the season and he wants a big salary rise which I cant afford.

Should I sell him right now at the begining of the first season or should I play with him and take a risk he will leave for free in June?

Yes, yes you should. The MO for any save should always be:

Take over at club
->
Sell Mario Balotelli and/or Joey Barton
->
Have first press conference
->
Etc.

His level of performances from save to save in this game seem to be overshadowed only by his real life inconsistency from game to game.

I support Liverpool and when we paid £20m for him or whatever, I thought it was worth the gamble as he has the talent. How wrong I was.

Yes, yes you should. The MO for any save should always be:

Take over at club
->
Sell Mario Balotelli and/or Joey Barton
->
Have first press conference
->
Etc.

His level of performances from save to save in this game seem to be overshadowed only by his real life inconsistency from game to game.

I support Liverpool and when we paid £20m for him or whatever, I thought it was worth the gamble as he has the talent. How wrong I was.

I was one of the few (or so it seemed) Liverpool fans who didn't want us to sign him, but strangely enough by the end of the season I kind of liked him, felt a bit sorry for him really. A shame it didn't work out

I was one of the few (or so it seemed) Liverpool fans who didn't want us to sign him, but strangely enough by the end of the season I kind of liked him, felt a bit sorry for him really. A shame it didn't work out

Have to say I didn't, I don't think he displayed any kind of desire or workrate, and the few glimpses of brilliance he provides you are undone moments later when he stops playing and starts walking around sulking. I will admit I kind of like him, just not playing for us. He's never boring.

Anelka, on the other hand, I felt very sorry for. Another wonderkid with a history of throwing tantrums, this guy made a real effort to prove everyone wrong, and did so, only to be cast aside for El Hadji Diouf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect Houllier and the things he achieved with us and the players he signed, but this one he got so epically wrong it can only really be explained by some kind of massive cerebral event.