Should I sell Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick after 1st season?

Kapizak1 PL

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in Man United, just finished my first season, bought some decent players. I wanted to play Vidic and Rio in 2nd season, but Ferdinand's stats decreased so much, that now he's worse (I think) than Evans or Jones. I thought, that Rio could be a backup player, but his salary is 110.000 pounds per week. Maybe he's not that bad after all, but he's slow already and his stats are decreasing quite fast.

View attachment 246413

I'm thinking about replacing him by Kara or Fernando (both for around 4 mln pounds)

View attachment 246415 View attachment 246416

Would anyone even want Ferdinand? He's 33 and with that salary only the biggest clubs could afford him. He also doesn't want worse contract.

Also, should I sell Carrick? I'm going to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 and his stats are good, but he's getting older and I already got many decent players in his position (Fellaini, Fletcher and maybe Kara and/or Fernando just in that one position).

View attachment 246418

Thanks and sorry if I did some mistakes ;]

I would recommend jan vertonghen (I start him with vidic 9 times out of 10) and he hasn't disappointed and is not too bad on wages

Not sure on who to replace carrick

I already have Rio's replacement but the question is should I sell him? He doesn't want to leave and it might be hard to sell him, he's a star in Man United, he would be a good tutor and my assistant says that he's still better than Evans or Jones. On the other hand, I don't think that he will get many chances to play 'couse he's slow and I don't want a backup player with that big salary.

1) Kara and Fernando are Dm's, Kara can play as a CB but is quite **** there (for Utd std's)
2) Sell Ferdinand, you may have to pay some of his wages though, but rather do it earlier to get the most cash out
3) Dont sell Vidic! if you do buy Uros Cosic (new Vidic) see below
4) Carrick is quality if used right, remember the HG ruling... you do not want to be caught with your pants down!
5) I would sell Anderson or Cleverley to be honest, I personally love Carrick though!

You honestly need a new Gk as backup/rotation, sell Tomasz and Anders!

Steve Mandanda, Volkan Demirel, Rene Adler, Stephan Ruffier, Bernd Leno, Ter Stegen

You need a Rb to start, Rafael is a bit volatile..

Sebastian Corchia, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kyle Walker, Welder

If you sell Ferdinand, try these:

Salvatore Bochetti, Davide Astori, Kurt Zouma, Nicolas Otamendi, Inigo Martinez, Mikel San Jose, Uros Cosic, Mats Hummels, Stefan Reinartz, Naldo, Dede, Kaboul

If you want to sell Carrick ( you cant use Fernando/Kara to replace him, its like chalk and cheese mate, two completely different players)

Ruben Yttergard Jensen, Andrea Poli, Angelo Palombo, Felipe Melo (still great stats) Romulo, Casemiro (a little different as well but more attacking than Kara) Fernandinho, Montolivo, Javi Martinez (if you have the cash) Markus Henriksen, Javier Pastore

1) Kara and Fernando are Dm's, Kara can play as a CB but is quite **** there (for Utd std's)
2) Sell Ferdinand, you may have to pay some of his wages though, but rather do it earlier to get the most cash out

Thanks!

3) Dont sell Vidic! if you do buy Uros Cosic (new Vidic) see below

I definitely won't sell him, he's world class, though Real Madrid is interested in him.
I can't find Cosic on my game, unfortunately.

4) Carrick is quality if used right, remember the HG ruling... you do not want to be caught with your pants down!

I spent like half an hour to check on HG rules with possible signings ;]

5) I would sell Anderson or Cleverley to be honest, I personally love Carrick though!

Already sold Anderson on first transfer window to Real for 18 mln pounds. Don't know about Clev, he looks promising, but I'll thin about this, thanks.

You honestly need a new Gk as backup/rotation, sell Tomasz and Anders!

Steve Mandanda, Volkan Demirel, Rene Adler, Stephan Ruffier, Bernd Leno, Ter Stegen

Do I really need to spend some money on second GK? I thought that Anders is quite good and I can't get Adler for free, 'couse he's moving to HSV and ter Stegen and Leno are quite expensive.

You need a Rb to start, Rafael is a bit volatile..

Sebastian Corchia, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kyle Walker, Welder

Thanks, I'll think about it. I also thought about Evra future replacement as he's already 31. I know that Fabio will develop well, but with 64 matches last season I think I need a decent backup right now and I think that Fabio is not good enough. I was thinking about Criscito. What do you think?

If you sell Ferdinand, try these:

Salvatore Bochetti, Davide Astori, Kurt Zouma, Nicolas Otamendi, Inigo Martinez, Mikel San Jose, Uros Cosic, Mats Hummels, Stefan Reinartz, Naldo, Dede, Kaboul

Most of them are already sold to another clubs, but I will definitely take a closer look at the rest, thanks!

If you want to sell Carrick ( you cant use Fernando/Kara to replace him, its like chalk and cheese mate, two completely different players)

Ruben Yttergard Jensen, Andrea Poli, Angelo Palombo, Felipe Melo (still great stats) Romulo, Casemiro (a little different as well but more attacking than Kara) Fernandinho, Montolivo, Javi Martinez (if you have the cash) Markus Henriksen, Javier Pastore

Yeah, I've been thinking about this ;] I've already bought Poli, so he will be my backup.
Thanks!

If you can get Alder for free, do it :) and yes you do need a quality backup keeper! Especially for a team like Utd! Keepers are the most NB position on the field in my opinion!

Crisitco is great, Zenit will want around £35m for him, at least! I suggest buying Aymen Abdennour and retraining him for around £8m or Georgiy Schennikov - CSKA (have you seen Uros Cosic, here is a SS if you have not)

View attachment 246509

If you can get Alder for free, do it :) and yes you do need a quality backup keeper! Especially for a team like Utd! Keepers are the most NB position on the field in my opinion!

No, I can't get him, he's moving to HSV ;]
Ok, I'll look around for some quality backup keepers, thanks.

Crisitco is great, Zenit will want around £35m for him, at least! I suggest buying Aymen Abdennour and retraining him for around £8m or Georgiy Schennikov - CSKA (have you seen Uros Cosic, here is a SS if you have not)

View attachment 246509

Zenit wants around 17-20 mln pounds for Criscito ;]
And, once again, I don't have Uros Cosic on my game. Unfortunately, couse he looks promising.
Ekdal looks great.

Thanks a lot!
I'm going to sell Ferdinand, keep Carrick and also buy Criscito.

Back