Showing your colours for club and country?

• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

Matty

Reaction score
After all the stories flying around about England shirts being potentially banned from pubs this summer, St Georges flags being considered offensive blah blah blah.

You all know my views on it!, THIS thread has nothing to do with that so please don't spam with it.
This is about something much more interesting XD

I have noticed pretty much straight after all this came out in the press that my club Birmingham City, brought out a new range of England/Blues stuff!
http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10412~2053725,00.html

Coincidence?!

There is some random stuff on their gnomes, mugs the lot!! oO)
I quite like the spin they have put on it for the World Cup, i would presume they were planning this anyway without all the drama in the media...

The question is.
Are your clubs doing this?! Is it a country wide thing or are Blues the only club to exploit the World Cup aspect this summer for more dosh?

share with pictures etc ;)

i brought this for my dad and myself, as we really like Blues stuff without sponsors or makes on, and are passionate about England, so perfect for us, with 50% off with an offer we have ;)
View attachment 65735

Oh and i was dubious about placement of this thread, if its wrong, please move it, if there is lack of interest i will delete. Thanks :).

yer chelsea have a range of st geroges products from flags to mugs to glasses etc and they are my favourate products and i will be purchaching some of them soon. also they have cereal boal, air freshner, dart flights, tax disc holder, keyring so quite abit yer.

Last edited:
Well... Arsenal have some France merchandise up for sale...

Wow Chelsea are going for it, but tbf they have the audience that have the cash to just spend

and haha to Redrup, great comment XD any plastic frogs with Arsene's face on?

Wow Chelsea are going for it, but tbf they have the audience that have the cash to just spend

and haha to Redrup, great comment XD any plastic frogs with Arsene's face on?

also its quite documented that chelsea fans are quite patriotic i for one am massivly hence why i have 1 tattoo i could have got a chelsea emblem but got the 3 lions insted.

I'm not even bothering looking at Pompey's, we don't have enough money to barely run the site nevermind make new ****** merchandise.

it looks a country wide thing. everyone seems to be trying to back the bid and the country (except for the daily mail!)

also its quite documented that chelsea fans are quite patriotic i for one am massivly hence why i have 1 tattoo i could have got a chelsea emblem but got the 3 lions insted.

fair enough mate ;) fair play

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

I'm not even bothering looking at Pompey's, we don't have enough money to barely run the site nevermind make new ****** merchandise.

iv just looked on your site mate, and your right oO) Pompey may be the exception!

Sadly, alot of our fans have been known to be stupidly patriotic to the point of being incredibly racist and support the BNP, but that's for a different thread entirely.

Sadly, alot of our fans have been known to be stupidly patriotic to the point of being incredibly racist and support the BNP, but that's for a different thread entirely.

So when i mention at the start of the thread, i don't want any spam relating to this ****, what did you think i meant?! Bring up the issue to incite others?

It's a great idea to make some extra cash for the clubs, that's for sure. the Birmingham/England bear is looking a little sorry for himself though!

It's a great idea to make some extra cash for the clubs, that's for sure. the Birmingham/England bear is looking a little sorry for himself though!

Ye i know XD they could have used a bit of a happier face, maybe they will bring one out when we bring home the cup? although the blues half of his face should be ecstatic and ****** as a fart after our season!

i think Liverpool are another exception to this :/

i think Liverpool are another exception to this :/

really :S thats a shock tbh, although finance is an issue at the moment, with the fan base you have and size of the club i would have thought you would have been an everything with an england flag on it like chelsea

I think any team with a financial problem won't be doing this, hence why we and Liverpool probably haven't.

I think any team with a financial problem won't be doing this, hence why we and Liverpool probably haven't.

Ye seems to be a pattern forming...

logical too really.

im gonna look at the other clubs with reported debt.

Have a look at teams like Stockport, Bournemouth, Watford etc.

Watford, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, southend, have no england merchandise, all are promoting new kits

stockport, dont have a working online store at present :S

i dont think the lower league clubs, will focus on more merchandise, i think we need to narrow the search to premiership teams

Back