Shrewsbury Project - From League 2 to Championship in just two seasons

mjcilia

Reaction score
Below find screenshots of my shrewsbury journey i have managed to win promotion and win both league 2 and 1 in just two seasons.

1st Season Transfers

View attachment 118768

1st Season Final Standings

View attachment 118769

Ok the first season was not the easiet but i believe that with the free transfers i got plus the loans i managed to sign any team in league 2 can achive what i achieved.

Top performers

Febian Brandy ST
Michael Mifsud ST
Joe Keenan ML
Michael Woods (loan) MC
Chris James MR
Guatier Mahoto (Good for any league 2 side)
Nathan Baker (Loan) DL/DC
Stephen Darby (loan) DR

2nd Season Transfers

View attachment 118770

2nd Season Final Standings

View attachment 118771

Well I must say that i was very pleased with what i achieved this season and to be sincere i only added just a few signings from my first season which were:

Donati (DR) free transfer - this guy is very solid and young too
Oliver Norwood (MC) free transfer - moody but scores exceptional goals
Mark Randall (MC) free transfer - his stats are awesome but i did not give this guy much chance so i cannot really comment he was more of a sub.

Plus i got a couple of good loans such as: Alex nimely, rhys murphy, nathan baker etc

Now i am looking to strenghten my squad for championship next season and i just know its going to be hard so i would be very pleased if got any recommendations!!!

CHEERS
MJCILIA

Good job mate !

I see you got rid of Craig Disley :'(. I loved him when he played for us :p

Im trying to do the same with Crewe Alexandra.. im top after 3 games but heavilly over my wage bill

well to be sincere i have also went over my wage bill but mate if you think you can get promotion i say go for it. You need cash to get class thats my theory

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

any good championship player recommendations????

well to be sincere i have also went over my wage bill but mate if you think you can get promotion i say go for it. You need cash to get class thats my theory

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

any good championship player recommendations????

Get some youngsters in.

Liam Cork, Gael Kakuta, Josh McEachran, Bebe, Federico Macheda ...

none will join except for josh mceachren but i ve already got a good central midfield i need two good centre backs????

Any ideas????

I don't get this? Is it a story?
Yeah it is but i need a couple of recommendations coz i can't get any singings at this stage!

I mean loans, cheap transfers and wonderkinds who actually can join !!!!

I got Shrewsbury from league 2 to the Champ in 3 seasons and then it took 2 more seasons to get to the Prem. I'm slightly stuck now though so I signed up here to get some help! Gonna search around for tips on how to turn a poor Prem side to a good one!

Well done on getting consecutive promotions!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Oh and as for players to get when you're in the Champ. I can give you some that were good for me but obviously i got to the Champ a season after you.

Best signings:
Fabian Delph (MC/ML/AMC)- Free (Just released from Villa)
Wayne Bridge (DL) - Free
Sam Hird (DC/DR) - Free - (Released from Doncaster)
Steven Reid (MC/DM/DR) - Free - Released from West Brom
Pivkovski (ST/AMC) - Loan - Blackburn

In the season you're in i signed these players who are Championship standard:
Willo Flood (MC) - Free - Released from Middlesborough
Jerel Ifil (DC) - Free - Released from Aberdeen

I'm playing with Shrewsbury too :) got promoted in my first season, in the next placed just below the play-off zone, but now got two straight first places and am now playing my first season in Premier League. Am 13th after the first half of the season.
Signed Mark Randall too, he was great for me in League One and Championship, and now is usually good when coming off the bench :)

wow some nice signings there mate will certainly look into them coz i ve got such a bad defensive problem!!! Shrewsbury's main problem is the low budgets they give but i hope this changes as soon as i get promoted to premier league.