Signing players not the way to go ?

• Thread starter Thread starter bcfc345
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

bcfc345

Reaction score
Im birmingham and i feel that if i buy a load of players even if they are improving the squad i just start the season rubbishly then i get impatient and start again,,

is it just me or is there some theory that if you only buy one player its better as the squad is settled? instead of buying 6 odd players?

If you buy numerous players at once, regardless of how good they are, you must give them time. The quality of coaching will also have an impact, along with the tactics you have chosen-if they are not suited, they will either take a while to adjust, or fail to do so. You have to be careful when buying quite a few.

So pick the style that goes with the players strengths and be patient. They must be allowed to develop a cohesion and gel and work as a team.

I think there's an hidden attribute ofr a player to settle on a team.

I've started a save with City, i got Jovetic, Falcao, Cavani and more 4 or 5 players and the team didn't get the job done. Then i started a save with Utd, and only bought 3 players, that where introduced in the team with time. result: ECL champion :D

I found this out to my detriment. I took over Everton in the second season and finished 6th, then signed quite a few (Much better standard) players, and ended up struggling all season and finishing 14th the next. Fortunately, I kept my job and ive got another season to get it right.

I got promoted with fc united to BSP signed practically a new squad taken me over 20 games to win more than 2 in a row and get the team settled. on a roll now though so there is pro's and con's

I think there's an hidden attribute ofr a player to settle on a team.

I've started a save with City, i got Jovetic, Falcao, Cavani and more 4 or 5 players and the team didn't get the job done. Then i started a save with Utd, and only bought 3 players, that where introduced in the team with time. result: ECL champion :D

That would mean you had 7 top strikers in your City team... did you play 3-2-5?
Anyway i always find it's better to slowly introduce new players to the team than throw them in.

Good point Yaniv i think its better to not throw them in but its how long you leave them i like sub appearances first but not always possible

Signing 2-3 players and throwing them into your team right away usually wont do much harm, might see a little drop in form and performance but overall shouldn't change much.
Best thing to do like yaniv said is to rotate them into your starting team unless you really can't afford to not have them start.

well the thing is im joining a team that already had purchased a few players in the summer so as i take over i have other players ready to make debuts too so im like what to do haha

Stick with the players in the team. Slowly introduce the new players.

As RC Strasbourg in FM12, I spent a lot of time trying to get them to Ligue 2. Signing all sorts of quality looking players only to fail every save.

The save that I had the most success on was the one where I bought a fast striker who had previously played at the club and a decent goalkeeper. Kept all the other players...dominated French National. Added a couple players in january and over the next summer, but kept the core of the team the same...boom won Ligue 2 with inferior talent (the striker helped a lot though).

1. Only buy 1-2 first team players in summer
2. Buy 2-3 rotation players in summer
3. Buy as many youth as you want as they are unlikely to see the pitch until they've gelled with your team.

Spending sprees are typically a bad idea (Took ManCity a couple of years for them to gel in real life)

Yeh, I comment about this (warn people against it actually) in my thread. Happened to me at MONACO. I had a squad bettered only by PSG and thought Id walk ligue 2 but I really struggled for form and thought Id not get promoted.

Back