Signings for a Promoted Side

• Thread starter Thread starter CraigF92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

CraigF92

Reaction score
Closing in on promotion with Derby and need advice on players to sign. I already have a few i'm thinking of but if people could advise me on cheap players that will do the job that would be great.

• Back Up Goalkeeper to Grant
  • Solid Defenders
  • Solid DM or midfield player

I don't think i will be needing another striker because Martin, Russell, Dawkins are smashing the goals in. But will they be able to do it in the EPL?

Have a look in the players section at some of the bargains/wonderkid lists.

How much do you have to spend and how much wages do you have left?

I haven't been promoted yet but i am expecting it.

Probably get 10m or something.

Have a look at Danilo Pereira from Maritimo in Portugal, solid DM/CM for the BPL and is only around £900k. Also you could get Damian Martinez from Arsenal in for free at the end of the season as a backup GK.

GK: Leali (free)/Itu Khune
CB: Vieux Sane (dirt cheap brill stats)/Mammana/Wisdom (loan)
DM: Adam Vass/GG Romero

I'll preface this by mentioning that Derby was taken over in May '16 and I don't know what season you are in so some of my recommendations may not apply.

I got the Derby job in June of 2016, after the new board fired the old manager, and was able to win the Championship that year. The only major transfers I made the first year were bringing in Marcos Llorente in summer and Lucas Boye in January. I also let go of Jeff Hendrick (to pay for Boye) and Chris Martin (Mason Bennett was leading goalscorer for Championship the year before I arrived).

The board gave me an initial payroll budget of 415 p/w with a transfer budget of 21.5mil upon promotion. I'm in the summer transfer window before the start of my first bpl season now and I got Forster for 6.5mil and Ward-Prowse on a free (both from Southhampton, probably due to them being relegated that year). Ward-Prowse actually took a paycut and he's on 17,000 p/w. I decided to let Grant go because his contract was up and he wanted 20,000 p/w so I upgraded for Forster on 30,000 p/w. I also loaned Halilovic; brought in Wesley Said as a backup striker to Bennett, Russell, and Boye; and signed Tommy Rowe for 1.1mil to compete with Forsyth at d/wb(l).

I'm still looking to bring in a d(c) because I don't know how much I trust Keogh and Shotton in the bpl. Haven't played any league matches yet so I can't offer anything as to performances, but I hope this helps.

View attachment 311905View attachment 311904

Back