Simply Red: Holding Back The Years...

• Thread starter Thread starter trobbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

trobbo

Reaction score
-Just a quick note before I start the story, I am A Manchester United fan (And yes I am from Manchester!) but I decided to have a crack at a Liverpool story.
11th May, 1996
Here I was, Wembly the 1996 FA Cup Final, only making my 3rd start for Liverpool Football Club. The referee called us out of the dressing rooms I've never seen the gaffer so passionate before "Come on boys the fans need this, go out there and beat out biggest rivals!" John Barnes our captain turned to us lads "come on boys" he screamed. The Manchester United players just seemed so calm about the whole occasion, where as us we were all shaking. We walked the tunnel to a huge roar from both sets of supporters i just couldn't wait to kick off. I stood in the center circle with Robbie Fowler ready to kick off as I kicked the ball to him there was another huge roar, the final had started!

Half time:
Nothing really happened in the first half, it was a tight and cagey affair, the manager explained how he wanted us to play, aim the ball to my feet (yes me) and play it from there.

85'
United had a corner I was the only man in white to stay forward as the ball was delivered David James came to claim the ball but only punched it to Eric Cantona who rustled the back of the net... my heart sunk.

93'
Steve McManaman played the ball into my feet, as I went to turn on the ball David May came in from behind, I was in agony the paramedics frantically ram onto the pitch my leg was horrifically out of place I knew deep down, this is the end to my career.​

Cheers pal it was tough to me to do a Liverpool story with all this Suarez Malachi!

Yeah I Know what you mean. I'm thinking he won't be there to long now... which is good!

14th May 1996

My worst fear had been confirmed at the young age of 24 I had been told I won't be able to play the beautiful game again. I knew I still wanted a career in football I decide I'd do my badges and hope on day to rejoin Liverpool Football Club... as manager.

1st July 2012

I've had my coaching badges for a good few years now, but only been doing work at local clubs. As I get home my son is watching Sky Sports News and the breaking news read "Kenny Dalglish turns down new contract at Liverpool". Could this be my tie to shine?<br>

22nd July

I couldn't believe it Id' been sent a letter from Liverpool Football Club... as I opened and read it I slowly but surely realised... I'd got myself a job!

25th July

Today was my first day as Liverpool manager as I entered the famous training ground I was greeted by the owners and Steven Gerrard, I was told i had a press conference to prepare myself for. I sorted my tie out and walked into the room the the owner and Steven Gerrard followed me in... I've never seen so many flashing lights in my life my eyes were actually in pain i felt like a superstar!I decide to keep my cards close to my chest during my interview refusing to discuss transfer targets untill I new the budget i was working with.

After the interview I met ll my staff who gave lots of advise, I then discussed the budgets with the board. They gave me £2million and expected me to mount a title challenge, I was going to have to make some great signings!

Have a look at Wilifred Zaha he'd be a great youngster to sign.

11th August 2011

With only 3 games until the start of the season I had only made 2 signings. My first signing was Mladen Petric for a fee of £8.25 million my second signing was a backup winger for free, James McFadden.

Pre-season hadn't been the most successful having only won 3 games. I was hoping to sign Christian Eriksen from Ajax but was still negotiating.

I had never seen so much anticipation for the start of a season we had our great rivals Everton at Anfield, hopfully we will have a great start to the season!

Back