Skin for partially sighted please !!!!!!!

TheDevil

Reaction score
Hi there skin developers. I have seen a lot of your work and all of it is, in my opinion absolutely brilliant.
There is one thing that would help FM2011users like myself though who are partially sighted andhave to use magnifying software on the game.
What would be of great help if it could be adopted into a skin is as follows (it may be nice for ordinary sighted players as well !)
1. The news screen.
Message title (on the left). The one that is currently active is white text one a highlighted blue background. This is difficult to see. Could this be changed to maybe orange rtext on a black background and messages read before it black background with a dimmed white or grey text. Messages yet to be read could be red on a black/grey background.
The mesages themselves are usually bright white text which hurts the eyes, maybe this could be made as grey on black?
2. Squad, tactics etc.
Again the text is usually bright white on a dark background. How about grey on dark? The fitness could be staged in health as in green, yellow and red (obviously the green is fit and red is unfit) Last 5 games bars maybe pale yellow or pale green?

3. Player attributes.
I have seen a lot of skins where the player attributes are colourd numbers. These are great. They could be Green or yellow for the high stats, Grey for the medium stats and red for the low stats. As for changes in stats some I have seen use coloured arrows (how about green and red?) Obviously the text would be nice if it were an easy reasdable grey that didn't strain the eyes (that also includes the botttom panel which shows figures for league game, non league, onternationals etc...)

4. Buttons/Tabs etc.
Tabs: Grey text on dark background
Butons e.g. confirm, view highlights etc. May be a black (or dark) button with a yellow/orange
border and yellow/orange text.
5. Main Background. Possibly stadia if you can?

I know it's a lot to ask, I have no idea how to do it myself and do not have enough sight to be abl to do it I think, but this would greatly enhance my experience of playingthe game. I have been playing fm ever since it came out years ago. I was actually a beta tester for fm online as well until I had the accident which knocked out a lot of my sight, but I stilll enjoy it on disc/steam. Although because of the eye strain involved with the text colours I can't play for as long as I'd like. Please pm me or add to thread if you need any clarification.
A big thank you if you take this up !!!!

This is a very good idea, but are you sure it hasn't already been created? Surely some FM person somewhere must have created one? You tried google? :)

Have you tried a combination of changing the resolution of your monitor and something like the netbook skin?

It's not ideal but in my experince makes everything look pretty clear and concise.

Last edited:
I try to give an advice about change text color by edit file named setting.xml in folder settings of ur skin. U can found all text color of skin in this file. Hope this help :)