Skins problem???

ElToroGrande

Reaction score
Hey lads, first of all i apologise if this is in the wrong section, i saw editing and assumed that meant all aspects e.g fm editor, face packs, logos etc. My problem is trying use new skins that i have downloaded. I have gone through all the normal steps:

-downloaded and unzipped
-made 'skins' folder in the 'Football Manager 2010' folder
-put unzipped folders into skins folder
-unticked use skin cache and ticked always reload on confirm

My problem is that despite doing this i still only have either the normal or dark fm skins to choose from in the preferences menu. Does anyone have any past experiences or ideas on how to resolve this problem? i have checked loads of similar threads but i have not came across any solutions to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thank you, Sean

Yeah tried it with all downloaded skins, still can only use both original ones that come with the game. Would maybe getting the updated patch resolve my problem?

Got no idea. Maybe the XML file (in the skins folder) is missing?

Xml file is there just had a look but thanks for hitting me with some ideas anyways. I do have the megapack for faces and logos installed though, but theyr in data/sigfx/graphics. Could that be having any adverse effects perhaps? also i am still usuing version 1 of FM2010 incase maybe theyr incompatable with this version??

Thanks again.

Have you tried re loading the game after installing the skins?

Are the skins FM 10 skins? silly question i know but you would be suprised.

Have you created the skins folder in the correct FM10 file? Correct path is Documents>Sports Interactive> FM10> Skins.

Did you unzip the file with winrar?

I am such an idiot! jumped the gun and went to the football manager 2010 folder via programme files, always assumed it was the same thing till i checked there and needless to say voila! the skins are there :D

Sorry again lads for waisting your time, many thanks for helping me fix this problem.

Sean

Back