Skrtel sidelined for eight weeks

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 539

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is sidelined for most of the rest of the season with a broken metatarsal.

More...

A real shame, he'd just got his confidence back too and was playing well again.

Good too see Agger & Carragher (our two weakest in the air) put in a dominating performance against Blackburn though.

A real shame, he'd just got his confidence back too and was playing well again.

Good too see Agger & Carragher (our two weakest in the air) put in a dominating performance against Blackburn though.
Whats the big greek guy like?

I recon he has been playing awsome recently. I think he still have 1 games ban though

Yeah Kyrgiakos was pretty good in his last few games before his sending off against Everton. Man of the Match contender in a few games.

He's good in the air but he's a bit suspect positionally at times. Hopefully the positioning will come as he gets used to the rest of the defence a bit more. Not a bad buy at all and as Lee said, feeling was that he was in good form before him and Leo Sayer tried to cripple each other in the derby.

We're not having much luck with injuries in defence this season - Aurelio strained his thigh muscle too and will be out for another fortnight. Still Johnson should be beginning full training next week with luck.

This could be a good thing could either give Aquilani or Degen a chance. I say Aquilani as Benitez opted to play Mascherano at RB last game :S
Glen Johnson is coming back this week or the next so all is well in the RB department.
Torres is back the season is looking up.
All roads lead to 4th place

Mascherano at RBoO).

he is like one of the Best DMs in the world.

rafa has his moments of madness

Mascherano is a filthy ****.

Your comments have had nothing to do with the subject of the thread. So go away and post when you have something good to say.

Anyway, it's a blow for us he is a really good player i really like him and if he was fully fit i think should be played above Agger and Kyrgiakos.

Kyrgiakos is good in the air, is why i think he has stood out, as we don't really have anyone who can boss in the air, and he can and has and has been great when we have needed him.

Mascherano at RBoO).

he is like one of the Best DMs in the world.

rafa has his moments of madness

Well with Skrtel injured Carragher had to go back to the centre. So with Johnson injured, Degen being useless, and Kelly as an unproven youngster coming back from injury, playing Mascherano there wasn't a bad decision. He actually played there the other week against Everton and did well so it wasn't too risky.

Madness or just common sense?

Back