Neistat

Reaction score
Wednesday, 11th June 2014
Brussels Airport

"Life starts at the end of your comfort zone."

The two and a half hour layover I had at Brussels Airport allowed me to run through the notes I'd put together after researching the current playing staff and the likelihood of them challenging at the correct end of the table. Much of the squad were youngsters with little experience of playing in the games that really mattered. A couple of them had the potential to make it big while the majority of them would probably fade into obscurity.

Let me explain a little.

NK Olimpija Ljubljana were formed in 2005 following the dissolution of the historic club playing under the same name. The club successfully navigated from the fifth tier to the PrvaLiga (Slovenia's top tier) in consecutive seasons after formation until 2009. Olimpija have since opened the Stozice Stadium which also plays host to the Slovenian national team.

While early success was common, the club are yet to win the PrvaLiga and finished as runners-up twice before falling off the pace last season. Maribor have dominated Slovenian football in recent times, winning five of the past six titles.

I've held constructive talks with the clubs board on a couple of occasions and am finally flying out to the Slovenian capital for a final interview before my potential unveiling.

It looks like my connecting flight to Ljubljana is boarding. I best not be late.

I appreciate the OP isn't very long, I've had the idea playing on my mind recently and wanted to just get the wheels rolling. My posts may vary in length from time-to-time, based entirely on free time. Feedback is welcomed.

Last edited:
Love to see people playing in more obscure leagues. Good luck! :)

Love to see people playing in more obscure leagues. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the comment, hopefully I can keep you entertained!:)

Can anybody help as to why I may be having trouble posting the next update? Every time I try to post, the page says the post has been denied due to the number of URLs or any forbidden words. Now, it doesn't include any URLs so I can only assume something I've written is classed as a forbidden word. I've read over the update I've written but can't seem to pinpoint what may be 'forbidden'. I'm not sure who the correct moderator is to approach regarding this, either.

If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.