Slump at end if every season. Plz help

• Thread starter Thread starter lazcivic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

lazcivic

Reaction score
Hi guys
I hope someone can help me. I'm finding it so hard going. I'm in my bird season and nearly finished up. It's just I always get ten games from finishing and get a really bad slump. I'm top, and in cups etc but on about 29/30 games I start drawing and losing all over he place and end up coming 2nd or 3rd and editing all he cups where I have been playing really well all season.
Anyone able to offer some advice on this please.
English league, top team. Currently man u. Good players and staff etc.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check fitness cause some players might need a break and be tired from the congested fixture list.

Just rest some of your better players against easier opponents then against harder opponents bring back your better players and they will have rested and be raring to go. Hope this helps

Your players are probably tired! Just rest your key players and play the 2nd team instead ( against weaker side of course )

Ok, sounds good advice.
Out of curiosity, how many players should make a good 1st team? I don't think I obviously rotate enough as I keep my squad very slim,about 10-20 first team players inc 2 keepers!
Thanks.

I don't think it is fitness as this happens to me and I rotate like crazy. I believe you need to offer them the high league win bonus for starters. Secondly, I think teams have adapted to your playing style so you may need to throw some curves into it. Just thoughts.

I don't think it is fitness as this happens to me and I rotate like crazy. I believe you need to offer them the high league win bonus for starters. Secondly, I think teams have adapted to your playing style so you may need to throw some curves into it. Just thoughts.

I completely agree. Always make sure you have a backup tactic that has a different formation to your main one, when you start to slump, use that one. Also, if you get them right team meetings can stop these slumps dead in there tracks.

Its more to do with players switching off. People underestimate how well players are modelled in this game. Think how players start looking to their holidays, feel a bit jaded, probably dont have much to play for etc. Basically think how a real player would be feeling, and act accordingly. Probably a good time for some fresh hungry youngsters looking to break into the first team.

If you are United and losing it with 10 games to go, you've probably over egged your players too much too soon, especially with the knockout stages. 20 players plus 2 keepers? If you havent rotated enough, you've probably shattered you key players.

All noted. I need a backup tactic then I think. Also need more players, decent backups to take over when my first team are Knackered.
Good first team but poor quality second players as have tended to spend to get first eleven but subs are not great. So I don't rotate much.
Just a few tweaks think I'll be ok and a few million:-)
Thanks for all your help.
Really appreciated.

just to echo what has been posted above... 20 players is not enough for Man U. I generally carry around 30, 5+ of whom are youngsters. Man U is good enough to win cups with the backups... Giggs and Scholes anchored a very very attacking and effective midfield 3 for me through the two cups first year for an FA Cup and League Cup double.

The problem with me I hunk is I spend fortunes on the first 11 plus a few subs and forget about good backup players and then Rotating them in and out.
I'll get this season over and go to work buying 7/8 players ( money permitting) and try to by a backup tactic for when it goes a bit stale.
:-)

Anyone know if there's something like what the "experts" always talk about, that some teams have a "winning culture" of sorts, and it's harder to win a league and not slump at the end of seasons if you have done well in the seasons before?

Back