Small and simple question

Carrahar117

Reaction score
Okay so this should be an easy question, i figured myself that for a player to count as home grown in the champions league I would have to buy him when he's 17 and no older. Just wondering if anyone knows this for sure like does the year when they are 21 count, or am I just bad at maths etc.

they need to be at your club from the age of 18 to 21 to be counted as home-grown by the club. and by 18, I think it's 18th birthday..not from say 18 years 3 months to when they're 21.

yeah, you have it right there. I make a point of trying to sign players as young as I possibly can for that reason. My U18 are usually full of 15/16yr olds. But you only need 8/25 players registered to be homegrown so it's not that hard to full that number.

If you have a player from 18 train his first season then loan him out for the second season, will the second season count considering he did spend some time training for that season? I loaned out a regen at the start of the season but he made an appearance for me before going. Would half a season count towards HG?

i am pretty he will still be home-grown. i'm not too sure but i think as long as he is registered at your club from 18th birthday to 21st, they should be HG.

Back