Small budget for a 'Rich' club

• Thread starter Thread starter Scoteeh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

Scoteeh

Reaction score
Sup guys, just posting this query to see if anyone can help me out a bit.
I'm currently managing Borussia Dortmund (5th season almost up) and i was just wondering why my budget averages on £16m. Apparently im a rich club and i do well domestically and across Europe, get to the semi's of the champions league, win the bundesliga (never fallen below 2) and i always look forward to a nice budget (£35m+) and im always dissapointed with like £15m.

Anyone know why?
Cheers.
Scott

Because the owner likes whores, cars and holidays?

What's wrong with £15m? Good amount of cash.

If you always spend the £15m given, then it's no surprise that next year it's not £30m+.

It's probably they amount of revenue the club gives you towards transfer budget. You can always request a higher percentage. But like redrup said, the less the spend the more you will have the following year. All about profit.

Maybe they believe that you are being successful with your current squad so why do you need to drastically improve it. 15m is enough to bring in a couple promising youngsters that will eventually continue the teams success.

Plus, 15m is a good amount of money compared to budgets I've gotten with rich teams (like Malaga).

To add to the above, what's the financial state of the rest of the league? EG: a club in League 2 or non-league with a value of 5m may be classed as 'Rich' (in respect to the rest of the league), but most of that money will not go toward transfer and wage budgets.

They are pretty mediocre, not amazing but not bad, keep in mind the contrasting teams (Bayern Munich and Shalke to
Hertha BSC Berlin and Augsburg) and i understand what you guys are saying but it's just the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]luxury[/FONT] of having funds available, just seems odd.

What is your current finances standing at? And did you make a profit or a loss the previous season?
Some chairmen are just tight bastards and others dont pump money in unless your making a profit

The club being Rich also takes into account players Values.

Need to go to Finances Screen and check the 'Balance'(f11 is hotkey I think). That is the amount of money your club has in the bank currently. They also take your Wages out of that as well so check your wages and that your not overspending on it as it will lead to a smaller transfer kitty.

What is your current finances standing at? And did you make a profit or a loss the previous season?
Some chairmen are just tight bastards and others dont pump money in unless your making a profit

Last season i made £19m
This season just finished i made £27m.
Current finances if i think i understand what you mean is £81m (that's the balance anyway)

The club being Rich also takes into account players Values.

Need to go to Finances Screen and check the 'Balance'(f11 is hotkey I think). That is the amount of money your club has in the bank currently. They also take your Wages out of that as well so check your wages and that your not overspending on it as it will lead to a smaller transfer kitty.

Balance is £81m and my wage is like 26k p/w

I have the opposite problem with my Juventus team, every season I get at least 50-60 mil but I already have a full team but no star players want to come play in Italy for some reason unless they are 30+ and anybody who does want to come is usually worse than what I already have. So I end up spending way, way too much on 4 star regens.

yeah, similar to me mnk26, i'm basically buying regens, on my save Borussia Dortmund have like the 8th highest reputation in the world (took me a while though) so players do want to join, just don't have much money.

ok you tried going to your boardroom screen and moving the slider so u have more transfer budget and less wage?

Back