Solano signs for Hartlepool United

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1K

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Nolberto Solano has completed a move to Hartlepool United, after turning down a contract with Hull

Solano aims high with Pools | Sky Sports | Home | News

I've always liked this guy. Has a strong worth work ethic, has intelligence, can still pass the ball, committed to the cause, would rather drop a division to play regular football, and clearly isn't doing this to create publicity for himself. Is great for the younger lads at the club aswell, as they'll benefit a **** of a lot from his experience. Top guy all round in my opinion.

fully agreed, he was great for Newcastle and glad he is still playing, he signed from Universitario I think! hope he does well for them! still is a technically gifted player!

fully agreed, he was great for Newcastle and glad he is still playing, he signed from Universitario I think! hope he does well for them! still is a technically gifted player!

And with him being there, may also attract other players aswell. Think Hartlepool have increased their chances of going up with this signing without doubt.

Nobby! <3 Great player, love him to bits. True pro, and a good role model. Hopefully he can still play a bit too.

He signed from Boca.

The David Beckham of Peru

That's taking it too far, but one thing has to be noted - during his time at Boca he was (very) briefly a teammate of Maradona, who nicknamed him 'El Maestrito' (The little master, or in this case the young master). Apparently he added a few tricks to his repertoire from the 'old' master, and, most importantly, none of his vices.

Not looking forward to playing against him next season. Even at his age he has amazing technique.

Good signing for them! Glad were not in L1 anymore. He would make Danny Coles look embarrassingly ****!

Last edited:
The last one's nasty.

Yes indeed. As much as I admire his goals and the quality, when it comes to the Everton pearler I prefer to blink and miss it sometimes lol

Very good footballer, he has got an amazing technique and will no doubt bring Hartlepool's general footballing standard up by a notch or two, a good signing

Great player, but what is his wage? I know he's unselfish, but won't his wage be a bit too much for Hartlepool? I'm thinking 5-10k per week maybe?

Great player, but what is his wage? I know he's unselfish, but won't his wage be a bit too much for Hartlepool? I'm thinking 5-10k per week maybe?

Pretty much. General opinion is around the 5,000 mark. Still, not bad for a free transfer. Especially a player like that who can still cut it imo

Back