Solihull Moors (Champions League your having a laugh!)

GHSJFC

Reaction score
Just started a season with Solihull Moors.

With the media predicting that relegation was a certainty, and the board simply asking for me to bravely fight it, there wasn't much expectation to achieve anything. With no money to spend and a wage budget of just £1.2k, it was always going to be an uphill struggle. I felt that surviving relegation from the Blue Square North would be a massive achievement for the club, which was only formed in 2007. I quickly released fringe players and reserve players too free up some money for wages. That put me into a little debt that I hoped I could get back from a good cup run. I then went and looked in the Reunion market, where I signed Rudi Pounoussamy (GK), Giovanni Fettisoi (DC), Yohan Guichard (RW), Eric Farro (LW), Jean-Phillipe Javary (AMC), Vincent Bonmalais (AMC) and Charles Roger (ST). I then signed former Motherwell youngster, 27year old Stevie Nicholas, on a free transfer. Also, 18 year old Simon Dunne, an Irishman formerly of Celtic, also joined on a free. Playing a tactic of 4-1-2-2-1, we quickly flew up the table and have occupied a play-off spot for the whole season so far, currently in second, 8 points of league leaders Tamworth. Also, the club progressed through from 3 qualifying rounds of the FA Cup, beating Kettering of the Blue Square Premier 3-0 away from home in the 4th Qualifying Round. The club then travelled to Valley Parade in the FA Cup 1st Round Proper, where we went 1-0 down right before half-time, but two goals from Yohan Guichard gave us a 2-1 victory. A month later, we welcomed Southend United to Damson Park, where we dominated and should've won, but unfortunately lost 2-1.

Currently, it's 30th November 2008, and the future looks bright for Solihull Moors. Will keep posting progress, if anyone wants any screen shots let me know. ;)

i think u made a wise choice for releasing fringe players..nice progress..hope to heard u'r progress soon...how about youth...any good ones in u're squad??

i think u made a wise choice for releasing fringe players..nice progress..hope to heard u'r progress soon...how about youth...any good ones in u're squad??

There's a few ones to watch for the future, and Guichard is my best player and he's only 22 so I will get a lot out of him. Dunne is a regular at 18 and I'm expecting great things from him. I will start using some of my under 18's towards the end of the season, and I'll see what ones are worth keeping and what ones are worth releasing. Closed the gap to 5 points behind Tamworth in the title race, Guichard won player of the month for the second time in a row.

Well we've reached the 15th of February 2009, and things still going well for Solihull. We've since slipped down one position in the league to 3rd, but currently 5 clear of 4th place and 2 behind 2nd place Harrogate. Tamworth have started to run away with it, and they currently have opened up a 12point gap over Harrogate, which puts me 14 adrift. However, the great success in the cups have continued, and we have progressed to the 4th round of the FA Trophy, after entering at the final qualifying round. We've been drawn away to Tamworth, in what will be an exciting tie. During the January transfer window, we were pretty quiet, however there was a few comings and goings. Coming in was French left-back from Reunion club Saint-Louis, Didier Caro, who slotted right in as first choice. Also joining was Gordon O'Brien, formerly of St. Johnstone. He joined on a free from Scottish Junior Side Blairgowrie. As he is just 19, I see him as the long-term replacement for Rudi Pounoussamy, should he decide to leave to further his career in the summer. Going out were former back-up goalkeeper Danny Crane and centre forward Jake Edwards, both hadn't featured at all this season and left on free transfers.

I also saw a sharp increase in the club's balance, and with £50k sitting there, we are now financially secure. This prompted me to ask the board for a larger wage budget, which they agreed and I now have £3.1k to spend on wages. I am hoping that this next half of the season will bring some great success, and possibly promotion to the Blue Square Premier via the play-offs.

I'm looking to put up some screen shots, can anyone tell me how to do this? Many thanks.

Last edited:
A great day out for the fans at Tamworth, and we won 2-0! That meant we progressed to the semi-final where we played the first leg at home to Rushden which after going 2-0 up, then 3-1, then 4-3. we lost 6-4!! It really was gutting. Simon Dunne's injury woes continued as we were 3-1 up when he came off, and Sedgemore came on, and sold two goals. However, I am confident we can win the second leg, but 3 goals is a big ask. Just asking again, how do I put up screenshots?