Reaction score
I've decided to take on a challenge with my local side Solihull Moors and post it on here,my aim is to eventually take them to the top of the Premier League and win the Champions League with them as well,I did this with a Carl Zeiss Jena side on FM 10 and after 24 years of trying we won our first Champions League after beating Roma in the Final,I'm envisaging this hopefully taking 4 years less than it did with Jena despite me having more leagues to get through,I'm much better tactically starting off with Solihull then I was with Jena, plus you get much more income once your in the EPL than you do in the Bundesliga.

I've done 14 games in the Blue Square Bet North so far and it's going OK as were in 7th place on 22 points after 14 games,I'll try and do some general oversights of how it's gone season by season and the Transfer's I've made.

You actually have a wage budget of £150 p/w to play with when you take over Solihull Moors and after terminating the loan contract of Hepworth from Guieseley it increased to £475 p/w,that was enough for me to bring in 7 players this season and this added to the squad and also improved some positions that badly needed improving.

Lokando is the star man out of those and is a really good Right Winger for this level and is rated highly by my coaches,we had a decent basis to start off with and despite been predicted to finish 16th I was confident we could finish in the top 5 and get a playoff spot

So far we have had 14 games and Won 6,Drawn 4 and Lost 4,our away form has been fantastic as we look a good solid unit that isn't likely too concede that many goals and we can always nick a goal or two,however despite playing well at home or finishing boots has often desserted us on occassions or we have shot from range instead of really threatening the goal,I don't want to make drastic changes as the players seem well suited to the simple 4-4-2 we play,it just seems that we need to find a way of been more attack minded whilst also retaining our good defensive play as we have only conceded 12 goals in the 14 games we have played.

Anyway I hope to report back soon and continue to update you on the Solihull Moors challenge I'm embarking on,also my Transfers,Table and Fixtures should be on the Thumbnails at the bottom of the post.