Reaction score
Every save I create becomes boring for the same 2 reasons.

Firstly, every tactic I create just doesn't work very well, no matter how much I tweak it. The same goes for downloaded tactics. Goalscoring is the main issue - some tactics create chances but they are never taken.

I also have a 'dream' of dominating world football, and starting my own loan profit system. I'll buy young players, loan them out and then sell them (I find it interesting to watch their development).

I'm going to start a new save.. but everything is a mess and I'm actually getting stressed out now.

Every save I create becomes boring for the same 2 reasons.

Firstly, every tactic I create just doesn't work very well, no matter how much I tweak it. The same goes for downloaded tactics. Goalscoring is the main issue - some tactics create chances but they are never taken.

Honestly mate, the only advice i can give you is to abandon downloaded tactics; open up a throw away save and play with default tactics, ignore the result and just study what the roles do. Then look at how instructions influence the roles. Look at how the duty affects the roles and then mix and match to see how different roles interact.

If no tactic is working for you no matter what you're doing, it's probably because you don't understand what the tactic is trying to do in the first place so when (and it's a matter of when) the opponent adjusts to counter your shape, unless you understand how they've stopped you, you can't get around that and exploit the openings they may have given you. Tactics are like chess, it's about being more steps ahead than your opponent so you can catch them out when they leave an opening.

I also have a 'dream' of dominating world football, and starting my own loan profit system. I'll buy young players, loan them out and then sell them (I find it interesting to watch their development).

I'm going to start a new save.. but everything is a mess and I'm actually getting stressed out now.

That's a nice system and I do it from time to time. It's similar to the Chelsea model (though they'll probably deny that :p ) but for that to ever happen, you need to have your main squad performing to even get those few seasons into the game so you can reap the rewards. Concentrate on understanding how Tactics work. Start small with a simple 4-4-2 or a 4-1-2-2-1 with no Personal Instructions or Team Instructions and just watch the shape of the squad, study the match statistics at the end of the game to see where you're team is loosing control of the game and make adjustments accordingly - watch the game, look at the stats; rinse and repeat.