Something I have always wondered....

• Thread starter Thread starter lokiy2j
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1K

lokiy2j

Reaction score
...so I have youth player (16 - 19) he's rated 1 star but has the potential to be 4.5 stars if I play him in the first team will that hinder his development in any way, as opposed to playing him in the youth team and letting him develop there first???

As Manumad says playing him in the first team will not affect his development. If anything training with the first team will improve his chances of reaching his full potential. As long as you don't over use him of course.

As Manumad says playing him in the first team will not affect his development. If anything training with the first team will improve his chances of reaching his full potential. As long as you don't over use him of course.

I have a question regarding that. What does overuse mean? I mean how many games etc should a young player be playing at the ages of 18-22?

I have a question regarding that. What does overuse mean? I mean how many games etc should a young player be playing at the ages of 18-22?

Give him the odd 15mins here and there coming on as a sub and maybe start him when playing weaker teams in the cups etc. Just slowly blood him in, like teams do with youngsters IRL.

Don't overuse the player. There's a guide on using young players somewhere on this forum, but I tend to go by instinct. But in general, you use a young players week in, week out and that'll hinder more than help his development. Give him cup games, and if you feel he really is special, promote him to your U21s. There they'll be trained by better coaches, generally.

And for a young player, don't ever under-estimate the power of tutoring. Getting a player to professional personality is a must if you can manage it. Then the player tends to develop really well even while wholly playing for your reserve teams.

Put the kid in your first team and play him when you like but remember to right click on his name and make him available for under 21s

awesome thank you all. just FYI I am playing as Dartford in my online game (Vanarama Conference) so we don't have an awful lot of coaches etc available but I have replaced all my staff with ones that have half decent stats!

Back