• Thread starter Thread starter WhataMessi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 965

WhataMessi

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone help me please…

I was loving FM until I got this feeling that ruins my experience:
That the match is being played back to me and that a scoreline has been predicted based on the tactics I’ve chosen. This makes me really lose touch with FM, it no longer feels like Im the manager and Im watching my players play in a certain way. It feel like the match has already been played and its playing back the predictions I make so Im fighting against a potential scoreline.

(A bit like if you record a really important match on tv like a champions league final, and don’t know the score. And you try to watch it, and its harder to focus because you know that the score is already out there)

I know the score isn’t fixed and that I can change it, but the fact that If I do nothing, then the calculated score will come true. And the fact that its calculated before the match has even been played - is bugging me!!

And why am I even focused on this? Well because the highlight bar at the bottom, starts to turn a different colour whenever a highlight is about to start. My defenders might be playing short passes deep inside their own half, yet I know it might turn into a chance just because the stupid bar turns a different colour before a chance has even happened…Couldn’t they just turn the colour changes off to make the match experience more realistic. Because that’s what the FM experience depends on – making it seem realistic, like you’re the manager, and your managing your own team…

Thanks for any help, advice and feedback. I just wanna enjoy the exp again.

Mine does a little pause before a goal every now and then.

Kind of annoying, but you will enjoy the game more if you don't focus on the small problems :)

Haha. Yeh your probably right. So i should just ignore the fact that the match is actually being played back to me....and that the computer calculates a result, a scoreline, everytime I change tactics? Or even when i start a game, it has already created a scoreline? I guess I have to...

I've found that the noise for goals scored when they are disallowed is different, so I know before the commentary says its been disallowed that it has been...which is annoying!:)

Also when the game commentaries go super fast(if you noticed it you know what I'm talking about) then there is a sure goal coming.

Also when the game commentaries go super fast(if you noticed it you know what I'm talking about) then there is a sure goal coming.

Yep, just seems to speed up a fraction with no gaps...goal coming...glad its not just my imagination!!:)

Haha. Yeh your probably right. So i should just ignore the fact that the match is actually being played back to me....and that the computer calculates a result, a scoreline, everytime I change tactics? Or even when i start a game, it has already created a scoreline? I guess I have to...

Yeah, nothing to do about that. What I don't really get though is when you say that once there is a situation that would be calculated as a highlight when using " key or extended" the " bar" turns changes colour. I play many matches in full match and I am yet to see this change.

Back