Southampton 1st season looking for....

Reaction score
Hi guys just started a game as southampton and heres whats im looking for,

My Budget is £1.5million for all 4 positions and im using Wally's Update v11 11.3 Summer Update 05/08/11 and im in championship.

Im After

poacher- to play alongside lambert
left/right attacking midfielder- looking for fast players, good at crossing
GK
Central def- Jaidi is slow and scout report shows im lacking a quality cente half any ideas??

Last edited:
Are you using the update where Southampton are in the Championship?

I remember having this brilliant defender in my Huddersfield save. He cost me like 100k and he come from a team in the spanish second division. I forgot his name now though. He was about 18-21 year old!
Edit: I'm going to go on a hunt for him. I'll tell you his name when I've found it!
FOUND HIM! Miki Roqué. Although you'll have to keep your eye on him because he starts at 1.2 Million but got transfer listed straight away in my Huddersfield save.

Last edited:
You can get Kirk Broadfoot on loan from Rangers, quality centre back..

Also try and get Chris Wood from West Brom.

And then Benson from RKC as your winger, bags of pace.

Being a Saints fan, and doing many, many Southampton saves, I think I might know what you're looking for!

Poacher - Try and get him on loan. Take a look through the Premier League Reserve squads, and take your pick, as mostly all of them will be availible for loan. Failing that, pick up Febian Brandy on a free transfer. Quick, and can put the ball in the back of the net.

Left/Right Attacking Midfielder - First of all, promote Alex Chamberlain from your youth team to your senior team. If you still need somebody after that, try Razak Pimpong from Viborg, or Dean Shiels from Doncaster Rovers.

Goalkeeper - Take a decent look through the free transfers. Depending on what database/update you are using, there can be some real gems in there. Kelvin Davis should do as first choice, so there is no reason to splash out tons of cash on a starting goalkeeper. Failing a free transfer, just pick up a Prem Reserve 'keeper on loan again.

Central Defender - Although Aaron Martin should be good enough to partner Fonte at the back, you are in need of some kind of central defender, either as backup, or to start. Therefore, take a look at Richard Wood from Coventry City, James McPake from Coventry City, Andrew Considine from Aberdeen, Francisco Zuela from Kuban, or finally, just take another Premier League player on loan.

Hope this has helped! :D

Updated original thread im using Wally's Update v11 11.3 Summer Update 05/08/11. thanks

Being a Saints fan, and doing many, many Southampton saves, I think I might know what you're looking for!

Poacher - Try and get him on loan. Take a look through the Premier League Reserve squads, and take your pick, as mostly all of them will be availible for loan. Failing that, pick up Febian Brandy on a free transfer. Quick, and can put the ball in the back of the net.

Get who?

Back