Southampton 1st season

• Thread starter Thread starter tommyd150
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

tommyd150

Reaction score
I've decided to start a save with Southampton, My main tactic i will try to play a 4-5-1 based on Passing,Possession and Working from the back(Maybe a little bit like LVG). I have never done a save with Saints so i don't really know where i need to or where i should improve the team.

Budget £8m And 80k in wages.

Positions i think i need to strengthen...

Back up-Left back or Right back.

DM/CM(Ball Winning Midfielder)-First team to rotate with Wanyama and Morgan.

DM/CM-(Deep Lying Playmaker/Box To Box)-First team to rotate with Wanyama,Morgan,Ward-Prowse ETC.

Winger-Youth to rotate

Loan Flanagan,he can play DL and DR
Lucas Romero-CM/DM 5m+installments
Pione Sisto-RW/LW 3,2m

Well I got Amartey for DM and Lucas Silva for CM as he was transfer listed by Madrid.

Lucas Silva was listed on my game, but he didnt play great for my LFC team so i loaned him to fiorentina...lucas romeros the safe bet alright
JW Prowse is amazing so play him in his best position with wanyama and morgan holding if you can.

plus you have a very good LB prospect matt targett- i am trying to sign him for LFC to challenge moreno. They want 25m!!- this is the summer after season 1!

With 8mill, your signing might be limited to romero in my eyes. I would check targett out anyway for LB back up. Clyne is brilliant, and flanno could be a loan signing.

Not sure what Alex Mowatt from Leeds is like in your save, but in my current Brentford save I just got him and he looks a real prospect. Replaced Aaron Kuhl after I sold him to United for 44m!

I've looked at Kuhl a few times looked like he could be very good. you got a SS of him in your save.

he looks very good. You signed anyone to replace him?

Yeah signed Alex Mowatt from Leeds and Gil Romero from Estudiantes in Argentina. Seen Him go for as little as 3.3 million before and he is a good DM

Back