Southampton -2nd Season - Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter W4FC B3N
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K

W4FC B3N

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this up now, while I'm on my dinner break :P

Had a relatively good first season with the Saints, finished 4th and gained promtion through the play-offs. Now, I don't know what my transfer budget will be in the coming season but I can't see it being much more than £2m, so any ideas on good, young talent that would fit right in to my starting line-up.

A few players have left due to them being here on loan for the season, these being; Jordan Mutch, Dany N'Guessan, Shaun Cummings and Borini. I'm looking for a replacement DM or an extra DM to replace Jordan Mutch. I have Josh Kennet who I signed from the trial days who has been in pretty good form.

Could also do with a new RB, Frazer Richardson is still here, but again, I need a better player in his position due to playing in the Championship this year. My LB/LM roles are pretty solid with Ryan Dickson and Dan Harding, I think they could do well. Also my CB positions are solid with José Fonté and Radhi Jaidi, and a young player I bought doing very well towards the end of the season.

As for the attack force, I have Lallana who plays mostly on the left who I have no doubt will have a big impact and Ricky Lambert and Barnard who I could possibly get a stronger replacement for. Then of course, Alex Chamberlain who has recently just agreed new terms with me so he will be an ever present figure in my squad coming on leaps and bounds in the first season, then Puncheon is returning from Blackpool who I'm sure would fill in at Attacking Mid/Right Wing.

Probably look to loan a lot of the players, but any cheap, instant impact stars would be excellent.

I decited to take screenshots from my first and second season transfers for some ideas! Won the league easily first season and finished 6th in championship losing the promotion playoff final to Sunderland 3-2 the second :@.

Hope these will help! :)

Edit: For loan players I'd strongly recommend to turn to Jonjo Shelvey and Bebe! They'll shine in the championship and become a bit too expensive to loan after second season, so this is your last chance to take the benefit ;)

Last edited:
Back