Born Levison

Reaction score
Hey Lads.

I need help creating a tactic with the players i have so i can avoid relegation and finish maybe 15th o so.
in my first season at southampton i finished 8th, got promoted in the second season as championship winners now i'm in the English Premier League. Played 6 lost 5 won 1. my only win was against Norwich 3-0. proud of it but i'm getting battered against teams like blackburn and newcastle by 3 goals o 4 goes to nothin. the worrying thing is the amount of goals i'm conceding but also my team is not creating chances. against blackburn my team created 5 chances BB created 25 20 on target. 4-0.

hears my team i'm playing. o people i think are my best

Hilderbrand GK Kovacevic RB. C.Bovo CB S.Bia CB Harding LB. midfield. M.Van Bommel CDM Schniederlin CM Jack Cork CM Adam lallan Wing Left S.De ridder Wing Right Griffith ST.

Bench>
GK J. Lewis(from peterborough) Santacroce CB Ribas ST Luke Shaw LB
I have 5million left so please recommend some signings and some tactics/formation please. i Don't wanna get sacked. anymore information please just ask and i'll post it

Take a look at tactics, The only thing with those is that your squad needs a number of games to get used to them. What i would suggest is to go ahead and adjust your players "roles" a bit, tweak one here and another there and see if that helps out. One of the easiest tactics to employ would be this one. VV Jorgenspecial... I've adapted a tactic that i found on another forum "ParkThePlane" can't remember who created it so sorry you get no credit other than the fact i'm aknowledging you now ;). I've tweaked a few roles to best suit my lincoln city team, so try that one and see how it goes.

I'm not one to share my tactics, so feel proud. Let me know how it works for you.

Honestly, with the team you have I'd play deep and in counter-attacks. You have strong defence, midfield and attackers. Your team should be fine to avoid relegation. Another thing, in my humble opinion, I think that playing 4-5-1 isn't the best strategy for this case. Perhaps 4-2-3-1 Deep would be a better one or 4-5-1 with two DM. But that's just an opinion. Good luck!

Thanks lads. just beat bolton and sunderland so thats a start i guess. i guess attractive football maybe next season for now i'll stick to deep defence and counter attack. the think with 4-2-3-1 is i have no place for my best CM(creativewise). as for my 5mill budget i want to bring in a LB and CAM. any suggestions. no specific attributes just good players who can help me. signed Jordi Gomez(cam) but his injured for 4months ha! only played 1 game.
thanks again

That depends on what kind of LB and CAM you want. But I think that for CAM Verratti would fit very well. He's cheap and in the top 5 of the CM/CAM in the game for me. LB I really like Tiago Pinto - he's very very cheap and a hard working player. But I'm not sure of what you want there.

No problem. I'm glad to help you!

for 5 mil to bring in both is difficult. I'd suggest by finding a left footed CB with potential in your youth squad and start training him to be a left back now, that way hopefully he'll develop into a fine first team left back in the future. If you are looking to spend the bulk of your money on the CAM, I'd suggest looking at a few competant reserve or fringe players from other PL clubs. Depending on what season you are in there comes a few good bargins on the free agent list. Always good to have your scout rifle through that list. Check out the German and Spanish leagues for any pickups also. Unless you are signing a huge name don't spend more than 2mil on a left back, the money is better going towards a CAM and just focus on finding a short term LB until your youth player has developed. Teams like Southampton need to bring up the youth players, they obviously produce them (Oxide and Walcott)

Good luck m8.