Kytz

Reaction score
Hey! I need some help, or rather tips, with my current Southampon team.

As Barcelona was underachieving and Pique was unhappy, I placed a bid of £52M (over 48 months) on Pique.
The offer was accepted but I never thought Pique would negotiate with Southampton, but he did and he has accepted to move to The Saints; and I'm only in the middle of the second season!

I might've overpaid for Pique, but I still feel that this deal was one of the best I've made to this date as I need a solid CB to go along with Stefan Vrij (Who I also bought this transfer window) and Pique is still young enough to be a big part of the club seasons to come.

The other centrebacks I have are Breno, Kurt Zouma (hopefully he will be able to get along with Pique, as I want him to tutor Zouma) and Leyti N'diaye.

N'diaye will definitely be sold, and I'm considering selling Breno (I might be able to get £10-15M for him)

I'm also thinking of selling Ninis, Ait Fana, Steven Davis, Ahmed Soukouna & Danny Fox, hopefully I'll be able to rake in enough money so that the purchase of Pique doesn't drain TOO much of our bank balance.

I got Carles Planas on loan from Barca, and I'm probably getting Lucas Digne as back-up. Is this good enough for the left back position?

I got Clyne, Mattias Johansson and Schelotto (WORST CASE SCENARIO, He's used as a Inside forward) on the right. I feel this is pretty good, but all suggestions are welcomed.

My midfield consists of Bressan, Schneiderlin, Andile Jali, Lallana & Crisetig, with Joel Pohjanpalo, Petrucci and a regen as ”ones forthe future”

Left wing consists of Gaston Ramirez, Lallana and Ait Fana
ATTACKING midfield consists of Bressan, Ramirez & Lallana
Right wing consists of Schelotto & Lallana

The Strikers I have are Paloschi, Fierro, Soukouna (going to sell asap) & Yaya Sanogo.

PIQUE:
View attachment 280589

The Squad (Those mentioned above that are not shown here are out on loan/in the reserves):
View attachment 280584

League Standing:
View attachment 280585

Balance:
View attachment 280586

Transfers:

(Last Season)
View attachment 280587

(This Season)
View attachment 280588

What should I improve? Who should I sell? What tactic do you recommend?
Every little tip is appreciated! :D

Paying over 48 months will wreck your save, especially with that much money! I doubt you will be able to stay at the club for long without its finances going insecure. Unless you get bought by an arab or something LOL :p

Paying over 48 months will wreck your save, especially with that much money! I doubt you will be able to stay at the club for long without its finances going insecure. Unless you get bought by an arab or something LOL :p

I was afraid that would happen, but then I looked at how much money the club makes a month, which is around £900K
paying £52m over 48 months is around £1,09m per month which makes it a loss of around £200k a month, but due to me winning the cup last year; I'll get more money from EL.

So I won't (hopefully) be fired, and the clubs finances will not become insecure; and I'll just try to balance it out by selling deadwood as I go on!