Southampton Second Season Signings

MattSharples

Reaction score
Guys,

Seen as I'm an FM novice I need your help.

I've just finished my first season with Saints. I finished sixth (which was expected) and got through to two cup semi-finals. I guess it was ok but far from spectacular.

I cashed in on Schneiderlin and invested most of the money in youth. Usual suspects like Balanta, Falk, Romero(wow), and Sisto(wow again). Pelle couldn't hit a barn door so I broke the bank and bought Lacazette who is killing it!

Now though I want to push on and qualify for the CL as an absolute minimum but have no idea where to look to Improve the squad! A left back is a must as Bertrand will be going back?

So I guess my question is, is there anyone out there that you guys have bought in a similar position that has taken you to the next level? Anyone that stands out as a must buy?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

What is your budget? Ricardo Rodriguez is very good but costly, Ben Davies is young and been very good for me or Silva is very good as SmoothJitsu said

Cheers lads. I dunno what my budget is just yet... Wanyama wants out and he is worth about 15mil and I'm guessing the board will offer me another 10

How is Luke Shaw getting on at United if he is not playing he is an option and Salva Ruiz from Valencia

Should of sold Wanyama for a lot more imo. You can usually re sing Bertrand on loan (if you think he's good enough) or if not Gaya from Valencia has always been awesome for me. Or maybe Alex Sandro/Jose Angel from FCP.

Will Hughes is another CM that always stands out for my saves (Currently 5 seasons in with Bristol City, Will Hughes, Gil Romero and Tom Cairney my midfield 3, not many teams can get around that)

And theres always the likes of; Odegaard, Tilemens, the usual suspects.

I have a Southamton save on the go and i'm mid way through season 6. I signed Jonathan Silva at the end of season 3 but just sold him as he was good, but not amazing and I have a regen left back who will be world class plus other back ups.
An attacking trio of Lozano, Odegaard and Savitsky in behind Munir/Fierro is unstoppable! Tielemans/Ward-Prowse (both become amazing) and a regen in CM. If you can still get any of those players then sign them.
Frederick Sorensen at the end of season 1 on a free is a cracking signing

Brilliant thanks mate. Just had an offer accepted for Odegaard but he wouldn't come!

Ive signed Gaya the LB who looks great. Also got Trippier as back up for Clyne, Cambiasso on a free on a 1 year deal, Ben Arfa for free and Sergi Roberto. Fingers crossed these lot can take me into the CL!

Cheers lads. I dunno what my budget is just yet... Wanyama wants out and he is worth about 15mil and I'm guessing the board will offer me another 10

DO NOT sell Wanyama!!!! If you do you can get 30+m for him!

After Bertrand left in my Southampton save, I just used Matthew Targett. He's not amazing, but he's done the job for me in left back. If you have the money, get Depay... BEAST

Think you should be good with that! You have a good striker and if you build you team around Ward-prowse you cant go wrong becomes a monster as a roaming playmaker for my saves!

Back