Southampton tactical difficulties

• Thread starter Thread starter Peden
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6K

Peden

Reaction score
I have a hard time figuring a decent tactic for my Southampton side. I have tried a few variations of a 4-3-3 formation (4-1-2-2-1 and 4-2-3-1), but none of them have worked properly. I have lost or drawn almost all my friendlies and they have been against League 1'ish teams, so not impressive. I have never had any difficulties creating a decent tactic for my team until now.

I hope that some people out there could help me create a tactic for my team, I like to keep possesion, I hate long shots, I like playing with one forward and three midfielders and I absolutely hate playing with a target man. My plan is to sell Lambert and use Jay Rodriguez or somebody else as a lone forward and I'd like to use both Cork and Schneiderlin as midfielders. I know I have a lot of demands, but I hope somebody are able to help me create a decent tactic.

Cheers!

Have a look in here regarding how to constuct a possesion based tactic. Mind you, you will struggle with keeping long shots to a minimum as the beta version of the game still has flawes regarding the pressing system. As the players sit deep and dont closed down enough, you will have a hard time dragging the opponenst out of position, resulting in many longshots since there simply are too few openings for t-balls.

Fm13 Possession tactic discussion thread by Raikan007

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it, I did have a look at the thread earlier today, but it seems that my problem is that the roles I give my players does not fit together, theres is lots of room between my midfielders and defenders - even though I use both a deeplying playmaker and a central midfielder (support or defense), who should cover that specific area. What I was hoping was that somebody had created like a standard possesion tactic, which I could modify to my needs(I know the beta just came out, so the amount of experience people have just yet with the beta is very limited. Raikan used a 3-2-1-3-1 tactic, but I like having wingers in my tactic (I know I have great offensive midfielders), so I do not really like that suits my wishes :) But I will go read the whole post by Raikan :)!

Im Southampton too, first season used a 3-1-2-3-1 formation with 2 wingers ... Worked really well and was 5th by end of January ... But unfortunately morale tooka dip and finished 14th ...

Im Southampton too, first season used a 3-1-2-3-1 formation with 2 wingers ... Worked really well and was 5th by end of January ... But unfortunately morale tooka dip and finished 14th ...

lol

Back