• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

Redgunner7

Reaction score
Southampton The Real Dream
View attachment 260203

Lee Isaac named as new manager of Southampton FC
Today was the start of my new career as a football manager. Unlike most managers I have started fairly high with my first managerial position being at my local club and the club I have followed so closely my whole life Southampton FC. The board decided to chose a fresh new manager hoping to gain promotion with there new manager bringing in talent and tactics to work with some of the young talent the club has.

History of Lee Isaac

Born 7th August 1985
He has made 27 appearances
and scored 12 for his country (England). His career ended early at the age of 25 due to a tackle from fellow English man Emile Heskey in a friend.
This is his first managerial position in football for the young manager.

​My first day at the club consisted off me in numerous meetings with stuff at the club. I told the board that I could achieve promotion against the media's prediction of the club finishing in seventh outside of the play-off spots. The board agreed with me so set me a budget of 6.7M for transfers and 325k for wages with 265k already be used on current players and staff.

My first press conference as Southampton manager
View attachment 260222

These are my pre-season friendlies I am hoping to win most of them but will be experimenting a few tactics and line-up so there maybe a few hiccups.
View attachment 260246

Transfers and Pre-Season Friendlies Coming Soon

Last edited:
Pre-Season start

Game 1 Southampton 5 - 1 Southampton Reserves

I went into this game expecting to dominate the opponent from start to finish. I answered a few questions from the local reporters outside the stadium telling them that transfers were under way and some could be announced very soon. This did what I hoped and excited them spreading rumours in the papers and drawing attention the club.

The game started well with midfielder Guly do Prado scoring and amazing goal 6 minutes in.
Guly do Prado added another 4 minutes later in the 10th minute setting the pace of the game. Lambert added to the goals in the 23rd minute. The rest of the half there was no goals but with the team still dominating the reserves. Several subs were made during the second half with De Ridder coming on to score in the 59th minute 1 minute after coming on to the pitch. The reserves got a consultation goal in the 74th minute from Sinclair but Forte scored less than 10 minutes later to make the score 5-1 a good start to my manager career.

Key Points
This was a very good game which the team dominated the defence looked a bit rough at times but with the pre-season training improvements should be noticed.

Stats

View attachment 260262

The rest of the friendlies will only have a basic description/review and when the season starts they will return like the one above :)

Last edited:
July 2011

Transfers July 2011
Transfers
Young Stars Join Southampton

View attachment 260488View attachment 260489

Scott Loach (Goalkeeper)
Loach was my first singing of the year. Brought from Watford for £2.7M Which takes quite a big chuck out of my budget but it is an investment for the next couple of years. At only 23 Loach has 23 youth apps for his country and looks to be the back-up for England's number 1 Joe Hart. Loach has the ability to perform at this level and I look for him to perform in the Premier League with us or another club in the near future.Loach is on 16.5k per week until 2016 and I hope to keep him for this time and if possible longer.

View attachment 260274

Jack Butland (Goalkeeper)
Now this player I am very pleased to announce. Butland may not be our starting goalie now, he will play the majority of his games in the reserves and take the odd spot from Loach but he has the potential to be one of England's top goalies. He cost £3.5M which means I have now spent the majority of the transfer budget but I hope to keep these players at the club for a very long time. Butland is also on a contract until 2016 but he only wants 2k per week. I can see this going up as the player progresses so I hope I can keep him for as long as possible.

View attachment 260275

Jaun Lescano (Striker)

Well to be honest I didn’t know about him but one of my scouts has been looking at him ever since he became a free agent. I didn’t want to gamble on this player so we worked day and night looking at this player it didn’t take long for us to come to the conclusion that this player shows the potential to be a good player at the club. I hope the club can bring the best out of this player and persuade him to stay in the England and help us to victory over the years. Lescano has had previous contracts with Real Madrid and Liverpool.

View attachment 260490

Daniel Devine (Defender)
With some of the remaining transfer money I decided to invest in another young player. This player was and absolute bargain at only £350k from Preston. This player shouldn’t affect us to much now he will spend most of his time playing for the reserves but will be training for the first team and be used as a rotation player for tired and injured players.

View attachment 260491
Jordan Brown (Defender)
Brown is yet again another signing for the future as I feel I have been giving a good club to compete in the Championship and is not to improve it dramatically with the remaining transfer budget. This is the last transfer with the possibility to still sign free agents. Brown was brought for 100k off of West Ham. He is a budding young defenseman which I hope will improve our defence as he improves over the next few years.

View attachment 260497

Josh Wright (Midfielder)
Wright was signed as a free agent as a back-up to the midfielders as well as a possible defensive midfielder depending on the formation. He has had previous experience in the Championship with Scunthorpe and is now looking to prove himself in the league. He is not a playmaker or offensive midfielder he prefers to sit back and help the defence whilst the team push up. Overall I am happy with the signing and look forward to the future to see if his game improves.

View attachment 260499
Jason Banton (Midfielder)
Banton is the opposite of Wright being more offensive than defensive. He has been signed at many Premiership including Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool before being released as a free agent. I picked this player up very quickly and signed him long term as I have had several reports from the scouting team about this player and his potential. If this player turns out as good as expected then it’s going to be very hard to keep him at the club unless we can perform at the top level. Overall I am very eager to see what this young prospect can turn into.

View attachment 260500
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Midfielder)
There is not much I can say about this player you should all know him very well from last year. Unfortunately he is only back for 3 months on loan from Arsenal. He was delighted to come back and improve his skills before he made his debut at Arsenal. When speaking with him he told me how he will always love the club for helping him become the player he is today and will always cherish his time at the club. I hope he can help the club to victory whilst improving his skills and maybe even help out with our other young talent at the club.

View attachment 260504

Last edited:
August 2011

August 2011

Transfers

This month I have brought in two new players to help improve the club. The first player is Garry Kenneth from Dundee. I managed to scarp together some funds to pay £350k for him which I feel is very nice. At 24 he is older than most of my other signings but I want him to play in the first team. He is already a very talented defenseman but he still has the potential to get even better. My Second signing was Daniel Jensen. I found this player as a free agent and offered him a contract for 1 year. I chose to offer one year as Jensen is starting to come to the end of his playing career and I hope for him to help us in our push for the Premiership with his experience and skill.

View attachment 260674
I have also made deals going the other way. The first being the loan of young prospect Ryan Dickson. He has been loaned to Scunthorpe for the year. They are paying a percentage of his wages plus a 45k loan fee. I hope for Dickson to gain experience and come back to the club raring to go for the next season.The other player that has left the club is goalie Bartosz Boalkowski. I sold Boalkowski to Ipswich for 45k after bringing in our two new goalies. Boalkowski was not needed at the club anymore. We talked about his options and decided it would be best for both club and player to transfer him so he can continue his career as in professional football. I wish Boalkowski all the best at Ipswich and hope he can continue his career successfully.

2011-2012 Season

View attachment 260710

August 6th npower Championship: Game 1

Southampton 1 – 2 Barnsley: Disappointing start for Saints new manager Lee Isaac

View attachment 260692 Barnsley celebrate after late goal from Addison.

This is not how any manager wants to start there season. After a successful pre-season Southampton looked to start the season with a win. But Barnsley wanted to put a stop to Saints decent run with new manager. The game started with both teams looking strong in the first half with no real good chances being given by sloppy defending. The first half ended 0-0 with the key point being the injury to Barnsley’s player Hassell. The second half started the same the first half ended both teams not wanting to give away the easy goal to the other team. We had to wait until the 74th​ minute for the scoring to open with Miles Addison’s goal to give Barnsley the lead late into the game. It didn’t take long for Southampton to answer with David Connolly scoring 2 minutes later in the 76th​ minute. It looked as though the game was going to end as a draw but in the 88th​ minute Barnsley’s Addison added another to his name to end the game. This was a very interesting end to a Isaac’s first game competitive in charge of Southampton.

Manager’s View

Well this is not the way any manager wants to start their career or season. Changes could be made and I will make sure the players know no-one is guaranteed there spot in the line-up they will have until the next game to prove themselves to me.

Stats

View attachment 260691

Formations

View attachment 260693

Last edited:
Back