Southgate receives Boro backing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 288

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson insists sacking manger Gareth Southgate will not solve the club's current plight as they bid to avoid relegation.

More...

i think that boro are right to hold on to him because most of the teams that do well have had their mangers for quite a long period of time. Look at manchester united, arsenal, liverpool and to an extent everton.

i think that boro are right to hold on to him because most of the teams that do well have had their mangers for quite a long period of time. Look at manchester united, arsenal, liverpool and to an extent everton.

Well done Gibson.

Everton are a prime example or what can be done in a league dominate my finances all you need is to show support to your manager in all circumstancesand that will in offer stability to the club and the players will react to that.
Before Moyes took over Everton were relagation candiates year in year out.
7 years on Champ League football, UEFA cUP LAST 16.
Caling Cup semi
FA Cup Semi
5th 6th in the league regular.

The fans just need to get behind boro now and they will with out tomuch doubt stay up

well theres holding on to managers long term like man utd or arsenal and being successful and theres just cutting off your nose to spite your face. you cant really compare having a manager for a long time as a recipe for success. the manager has to be good! and southgate clearly isnt! hes had what, over 3 years as our manager now and hes done NOTHING. consistently below average in the league which is now culminating in relegation. if we had got a real, experienced manager after mcclaren left we wouldnt be in the situation we are

our chairmans financial backing, squad and youth academy is a good enough framework for a good manager to succeed with imo. southgate was clearly our last resort and its failed and gibsons stubbornness and refusal to sack a manager has backfired, and the club is now in trouble

if we would have got oneill in when he was available when mcclaren left god knows where we would be now

and now we are going to the championship with a manager who has no experience of the league at all

I disagree totally,Southgate is well out of his depth and unlike Everton he's gonna take us down,we are the lowest goal scorers in Europe for gods sake.As for Steve the sun shines outta my **** Gibson,his loyalty has turned into blind stupidity as far as im concerned.:@:@:@:'(

Have to agree with Sam and Woody. Been saying about Southgate since his appointment.

First 2 posters im afraid you dont know what your on about. Ferguson,Wenger and Moyes had proven track records before taking there respective jobs & either had general progression or dominance in there early careers.

Like Sam & Woody said Southgate has had 3 years,money, and a great youth set up and has hashed it up. Three years on a downward spyral isnt merit enough to stick with someone in my eyes

Back