Southport FC: Rise of the Sandgrounders!

• Thread starter Thread starter IIDinDonII
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3K

IIDinDonII

Reaction score
Welcome to my first FM Story!

I have decided to take my home town club Southport from the depths of the Blue Square Bet Premier and embark on the perilous Journey to the Premiership.

SouthportFC.png

CLUB INFORMATION

Full Name:
Southport Football Club

Nickname(s):
The Sandgrounders, The Port, The Yellows

Founded:
1881(as Southport Central)

Ground:
Haig Avenue, Southport
(Capacity: 6,008 (1,608 seated))

Chairman:
Charlie Clapham

Manager:
Matthew Clark

League:
Conference National (Blue Square Bet Premier)

Media Prediction:
12th

Information General
Southport_Information_General.jpg

Overview Profile
Southport_Overview_Profile.jpg

Facilities
Southport_Information_Facilities.jpg

Team Report: Squad Depth
Southport_Team_Report_Squad_Depth.jpg

Updates on transfers, pre season and tactics will come in the next few hours.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

will follow the story cuz i was looking for something new and after seeing this thread i decided to try myself as the manager of Southport FC as well

Tactics,Pre-Season and Transfers

Tactics
I have decided to use the bog standard 4-4-2 as I found players at this level don't really have the technical ability to play the CAM, LAM. RAM and DM positions.

View attachment 237233

Pre-Season

We had a mixed bag of results putting in some impressive displays, most notably our 2-0 triumph over Wigan Reserves. We seemed to dominate possession and more often than not had more shot attempts than our opponent. My one gripe with this team would have to be the defence, to often we conceeded sloppy goals, this became evident after the performance against Rochdale. Due to this rather large issue I plundered the free transfers picking up to steals in the form of a young Mali U20 International going by the name of Samba Kanouté and the 21 year old Scotland native Cammy MacDonald.

Results

View attachment 237226

Transfers

View attachment 237227
View attachment 237228
View attachment 237229
View attachment 237230
View attachment 237231
View attachment 237232

I'm now ready to kick off the season I am content with my team
and the progress we have made. Lets just hope we can push on and cahlenge for promotion.

I will be posting monthly updates of the season. Stay tuned!

i had a terrible preseason lol, lost all matches but managed to sign a few players that really boosted the squad and i won the first 2 games in the league, 3 0 and 3 2 (comming behind from 0 1 and 1 2)
omar koroma especially is a player you should look at, scored and asisted in my first game, hat-trick in the second one
george thompson a right footed aml and gareth williams a 29 yearold scotish MC (5 cups for Scotland) are also some players you could look at
i play a 4 1 2 2 1

Back