SpainTaly - A tactic using the best of the best from Euro 2012

united762000

Reaction score
I was very impressed with this years Euros and in particular the two teams that played out the final. The two teams swapped roles almost as we saw Italy play the entertaining football and Spain play the disciplined slow tempo football. The two things that I really wanted to try and re-create was Italy's use of a Libero and Spain's use of a Trequatista. So I have devised a tactic that uses no strikers and play from the back with a creative Libero.

gk
libero (att)
BPD (d)
LD (x)
WB (sup)
WB (sup)
AP (sup)
DLP (sup)
IF (sup)
TQ (att)
IF (sup)

You will notice I have a lot of players set at support rather than attack and this is because expect my players to contribute to different phases of play all over the pitch. The idea behind having a Libero set as attacking is so that he can create attacks and flirt between creative midefield and sweeper. In the english league we don't really have Sweepers or Liberos so I have played using the same tactic as Italy. I play a good all round midfielder in the position. Someone who has good passing,tackling, work rate and teamwork. This tactic has only been tested in League One with Sheffield Wednesday and has worked really well for me. My libero has been having some fantastic games and my inside forwards and been my main goal scorers. I am not here to declare you will beat Barcelona 13 - 0 with this tactic or that you will win everything from the premier league to the grand national to the x factor.
As for match prep and shouts etc I vary it from game to game depending on who the oppostion is really.
During pre season I always have match prep set as high and work my way through teamwork, defence, attacking, set pieces etc. Match shouts are usually retain posession, play out of defence, hassel opponents, work ball into box, play through defence. This does vary though as I approach each opponent differently.

Anyway if anyone wants to give it a go let me know how you get on.

Download Spaintaly.tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

can you post some screenshots of your results?
I have no idea how to do it mate. I have put in previous posts that i am hapless with computers and only know how to look at **** and play football manager.
I am in my first season using this tactic and it is january. I am top and lost one league match. As I have said I am not declaring this is the greatest tactic ever. I have only used with a small team. It may be awful with a big team

I didn't test the tactic but wouldn't SpaItaly be a better name? :P

Back