• Thread starter Thread starter scubamogli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5K

scubamogli

Reaction score
Mateys,

I have a huge doubt.

Before the player roles and shouts, I was a big avid fan of having tactics where each player would have really specific instructions, and would get the best out of it.

Would switch tactics around like TBH and others proposals!

But since the shouts came out, I began playing only assigning player roles, and tweaking around with the shouts to shape up during the 90 minutes.

Recently I have downloaded one of these tactics to see how things works on FM12, and I really was impressed by the results. But not satisfied with the game play and simulation.

So, my doubt is...
Does the specific instructions, player/team, overrides the shouts?
In other words, playing with the specific instructions, shouting and assigning player roles is simply unnecessary?

Shouts only effect those sliders ( team settings and player settings) that are untouched. This means that you have to think carefully when using shouts so that they dont backfire. Imagine playing with the highest Of d-line
, having tweaked it and set it to "'notch 20". Now imagine playing your normal High pressing game and you want to stand off more. So you shout " stand off" and whilst the players now do so, you still play with the highest Of d-lines, ouch !!

That's exactly what I've noticed.

I'm really not much of fan of assigning loads of specific instructions.

Just had a game here where I set a fringe player to frequently try long shots on the specific instructions, but shouted for the players to work the ball. This fringe player fineshed the match with 9 long shots, of course, all off target.

That's exactly what I've noticed.

I'm really not much of fan of assigning loads of specific instructions.

Just had a game here where I set a fringe player to frequently try long shots on the specific instructions, but shouted for the players to work the ball. This fringe player fineshed the match with 9 long shots, of course, all off target.

Yes, this is how the game works. Naturally, you can setup a tactic with the TC and tweak some of the player settings and still use shouts as long as one is aware of what each and every shouts does, what sliders and settings the change.

Normally, I use the TC and then tweak some of the Marking settings along with the wide play of a few
of the players and then use the shouts and change strategy as an reaction to make I see on he pitch.

I used to play that way too years ago before shouts and player roles were introduced!

Now a days I usually use specific instructions for players in specific cases. For example, playing against a defense with low speed, I give one forward specific instructions to always force to pull the defenders towards midfield, having more space to explore the forwards pace.

Or an extremely good passer like Pirlo, giving him long passing Specific Instructions, while playing a very deep game!

Well now i'm satisfied with the result and might start a thread on exploring only shouts and player roles!

Back