Jamesveekay

Reaction score
Hi. Is there any way to give a specific player movement? Examples that I'm trying to implement are DM dropping in between centre-backs when defending, and the respective centre-backs covering their side's full-backs when the full-backs are bombing forward. Is there a way to set my tactics as such? Thanks in advance!

Set the DM to a half back.

Yep, this is literally in the description of what a half back does in the games description of the role haha.

No sure about the CBs covering the right back and left back though

DM dropping in between centre-backs when defending
If you want the player between the defenders when defending, you want another centreback. The formation screen is your defensive shape.

Set the DM to a half back.

Thanks for answering! But my concern with a Half Back is that maybe it's not suitable for my team, which is why I'm wondering if there's a way to set that play through instructions.

I'm playing Derby County, entering my second season after getting promoted to the PL in the first. The DM's I have are George Thorne, Will Hughes, and Chris Baird. Baird is the best out of the three as a Half Back, but he's 34 and I don't plan to extend his contract beyond this season. Thorne and Hughes, however, are 23 and 21 respectively, and I don't want to halt their progress by giving them too much defensive duties, since they're best as playmakers. What I have in mind is that I want to recreate the Busquets role, creative yet good at recycling possession. Maybe I'm asking too much here, but it's just an idea :D

About the CBs covering the full-backs, it's because sometimes my full-backs don't come back quick enough during the opponent's counter attack. As simple as that.

You might wanna go into the transfer market then if you want a role in the system you dont have a player for.

Hold back a second, don't make any rash decisions that could change everything. Why are your fullbacks getting caught forward? My general rule is only one of them should get caught forward at most. Only have one attacking, and ensure if you have a wide player on his side, that he is SUPPORTing him, and the central midfielder you have that side, make sure he can offer DEFENSIVE support.