Reaction score
Hi guys, with LFCMarshall's update the Toon get £35-£45mil in 1st season. Was wondering who you are going to spends Carroll's millions.

im looking at:

Ryan Shawcross- around £12mil
Seamus Coleman- around £6mil
Ricky Van Wolfswinkle- around £6mil
and if possible Romalu Lukaku

I enjoyed this, I brought......Barnetta for 7.5m, Diego Renan, 5m Cahill 8.75m, Palacios (loan) 240k, Lukaku 8.5m,
Babacar 9m

I sold......Lovenkrads 2.9m and Smith 2.5m

Lukaku, Babacar and van Wolfswinkle would be a strikeforce to rival the old Shearer, Ferdinand n Asprilla (Even though never last long) partnership haha

Get Lucas from Sao Paolo (he's 17 with a 3.6 million release clause) worth every penny. I wouldn't get Coleman either, I bought him and he was terrible, he was the player who was rated the lowest in my squad with an average rating of 6.5. I advise Christian Benitez (about 1.5 million), Ryan Shawcross (12 million) Lukaku (7.5 million) and then scout around for a right back. I also bought Dodo (18 from corinthians 1.3 million release clause) as a back up for Enrique. If you have enough money get Phil Jones from Blackburn and have him and Steven Taylor on rotate. But that's my suggestions, of course you don't have to listen to them. If you want some people look at some of Raikans wonderkids, or players with good potential. Another solution for centre back would be Rafael Toloi.

buy lucas from sao paulo (only cheap and has alot of potential), and dont spend the rest....keep it for next season, no point getting into debt when you got a good team already!

buy lucas from sao paulo (only cheap and has alot of potential), and dont spend the rest....keep it for next season, no point getting into debt when you got a good team already!

To be fair you may have a point but with no prolific goal scorer's the best you can hope for is finishing no higher than 12-15th. Where as spending Carroll's transfer fee you could in my oppinion secure top 10 if not a european place. European football would bring in extra gate revenue/compitition prize money which could go along way to pay off the money spent.

but like i said only my oppinion and everyone entitled to play the game as they want. |)

Back