SPL announces fixtures for finale

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
BBC Sport - SPL announces fixtures for finale

Celtic will host Motherwell while Rangers visit Kilmarnock's Rugby Park on the final weekend of the Scottish Premier League season.

The SPL has announced its final five rounds of fixtures, which follow the splitting of the league into two sections of six teams on 23 April.

It had already decided that the final Old Firm derby would be played on Sunday 24th, when Celtic visit Ibrox.

Hamilton are unhappy at having to visit relegation rivals St Mirren once more.

Rangers
Celtic [H]
Motherwell [A]
Hearts [H]
Dundee Unt. [H]
Killi [A]

Celtic
Rangers [A]
Dundee Unt. [H]
Killi [A]
Hearts [A]
Motherwell [H]

============================================

Nice to be at home on the last day meaning we can celebrate at paradise is we win the title. As i cant see it being decided before the last day.
Interesting.........

Killi and Dundee both going for 4th place.

The only way 4th place can get into Europe this year is if Rangers win the league and we win the Cup.

So what if it goes into the last game of the season and they're playing Killie?

Killie would have to lose to get into Europe.

Thats a bit fkd up that one.
Im sure its an honest mistake but surly the SFA a professional footballing body could have noticed this? :S

Do Killie still get Europe if they finish 4th but we get yous in the SC Final?

If Celtic dont win the Scottish Cup there will be no Europe for Kiilie or Dundee.
If Rangers dont win the League there will be no Europe for Killie or Dundee.

Both need to happen for Killie or Dundee to get in Europe.

Celtic wont be celebrating at the parricide, instead Rangers shall be partying at Rugby Park ;)

Without sounding too much like Neil Lennon but **** sake! Once again Hearts get royally ****** about in the split. Having to play Dundee United three times away from home? DIE! We have two home games, one of them against title chasing Celtic and Motherwell.

Just seems like we are always the one’s playing three away games after the split to suit the old firm. The split and the SFA can once again, suck my fat one.

Without sounding too much like Neil Lennon but **** sake! Once again Hearts get royally ****** about in the split. Having to play Dundee United three times away from home? DIE! We have two home games, one of them against title chasing Celtic and Motherwell.

Just seems like we are always the one’s playing three away games after the split to suit the old firm. The split and the SFA can once again, suck my fat one.

They tried to make sure everyone had 19 home and 19 away games. We have 3 away games as well so it not to suit us. You pritty much have already got 3rd so it wont really matter for yous.

That's what I don't get! Why, when you've already played a team twice away from home, do they decide to make you play them away again! It's just logic, but the SFA don't seem to get that.

It will all come down to the Rangers Celtic game if Rangers win they'll win the league if celtic win theyll win it just depends on rangers preforming and Walter Smith.

We've had to play at Celtic park 3 times in one season a few times aswell. Wonder how many part time Rangers fans will be all out to buy tickets for the games IF we beat Celtic. All start coming out their holes to buy tickets a celebrate the title if we win it. I think it will go down to the last game aswell Motherwell will definately give yous a game, Last time you played them for a title decider remember what happened, and I'm pretty sure that would fire them up and give them a boost, Our tough game has got to be against Dundee Utd I absolutely hate playing them! They're the new aberdeen always play better against us!!