Sporting - Jorge Jesus Tactic (Help)

Tomas360

Reaction score
Sporting Tactic - Jorge Jesus

Jorge Jesus, the manager of Sporting CP has had major success with his tactic.
It involves playing a 4-1-3-2 with wingers and defensive mid.
_____TM__DLF______
_______GK_________

The Wide-Midfielders (Or Wide Playmakers) are João Mario and Bryan Ruiz, both very technical players, but not fast, so they cut inside, help the overlap for crosses served to the Target Man. (Jefferson the Left-Back is a very talented crosser 18/20). The Box-to-box should be the way to go, as the midfield is left with big gaps. Also he can take the ball up. I would recommend changing the Wide men to Wingers (Gelson Martins, Matheus or Mané) if more crosses and runs are needed.
From what I can see the most important instructions to give are: Overlap and maybe Explore Wings or even Dribble Less.
I never manage to make things work with instructions, so I'm asking you guys to recommend, from what you can see, what should I add?
What will be my main flaws?

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
If you want to implement these tactics, then for the WM, you should set them as automatic, therefore giving you an option for the WM to cut inside whilst having the ball, also playing more risky passes if they're playmakers. As for the wing back make sure that they stay wide to stretch the play, using STAY WIDER, CROSS MORE & CROSS aim target man.

The wingers option that you suggested is another option to explore, but it might leave you exposed at the back