Spurs 2012 stadium bid criticised

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 924

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham's proposal to take over London's Olympic Stadium with AEG after the Games in 2012 is "completely unacceptable" to UK Athletics.

More...

This is Tottenhams plan B anyhow and it's just pressuring the local council into giving us planning permission for the new stadium around the current ground. Hopefully we do get the planning permission so we stay in North London.

As a London council tax payer who's been forced to pay £20 every month for the last 3 years to build that stadium, I'm in uproar it could be simply given away on the cheap to a football club so they don't have to spend the 800m it'd cost to build a similar stadium for themselves. At least West Ham would maintain it as an Olympic stadium for future events, which is half the 'legacy' Seb Cole has banged on about from day one

Spurs should try relocating to Tel Aiv if they really think they'll ever fill an 80k stadium

Last edited:
Spurs should try relocating to Tel Aiv if they really think they'll ever fill an 80k stadium

That is absolute ****. We have about 30,000 people waiting list for season tickets ajnd still growing. A bigger stadium will bring in extra revenue for the club. Not saying it would be a sell out every week but there will also be more tickets available for fans without season tickets would be sold as well.

How many fans are on West Hams waiting list and what is their average capacity now. I am assuming West Ham would never fill it either.

So before making assumptions with a stupid quote like you did above gather your facts first.

Last edited:
As a London council tax payer who's been forced to pay £20 every month for the last 3 years to build that stadium, I'm in uproar it could be simply given away on the cheap to a football club so they don't have to spend the 800m it'd cost to build a similar stadium for themselves. At least West Ham would maintain it as an Olympic stadium for future events, which is half the 'legacy' Seb Cole has banged on about from day one

I don't see how West Ham are going to fill it in the Championship tbh.

Not bothered about this stadium, although it would make us more financially sound, I would rather just stay at White Hart Lane if we cannot build our new stadium.

I would hate to have a stadium with a running track, it would suck all of the atmosphere out of the game. If I was a spurs, ore even West ham fan, I would rather stay where I was tbh

Last edited:
I would hate to have a stadium with a running track, it would suck all of the atmosphere out of the game. If I was a spurs, ore even West /ham fan, I would rather stay where I was tbh

The plans are that if either of us moved there, then we redevelope it and remove the running track.

That is absolute ****. We have about 30,000 people waiting list for season tickets ajnd still growing. A bigger stadium will bring in extra revenue for the club. Not saying it would be a sell out every week but there will also be more tickets available for fans without season tickets would be sold as well.

How many fans are on West Hams waiting list and what is their average capacity now. I am assuming West Ham would never fill it either.

So before making assumptions with a stupid quote like you did above gather your facts first.

Calm down, Yid. I couldn't give a flying **** about Spurs or West Ham, that stadium was paid for by the local tax payer for the benefit of UK athletics, not Spurs or West Ham football clubs.

If Spurs are so depserate to get a new ******* stadium they'll move to East London to do it why the **** don't they reloate to Israel?

Calm down, Yid. I couldn't give a flying **** about Spurs or West Ham, that stadium was paid for by the local tax payer for the benefit of UK athletics, not Spurs or West Ham football clubs.

If Spurs are so depserate to get a new ******* stadium they'll move to East London to do it why the **** don't they reloate to Israel?
if you cant make your point without being so confrontational then shut up. watch your language, i wont warn you again

I am calm. You are the one swearing away.

I take it you don't like the Jewish community either as you seem so desperate to get us out of London and relocate to Tel Aviv in Israel. If thats the case did you know alot of the London clubs also have their fair amount of jewish followers so do you want them to leave London as well?

Last edited:
If I was either of their fans I'd be pretty peed off - the clubs just looking for more money, they don't give a sod about the fans that made the club in the first place - I hope ye like it there!

Back