Spurs are exciting, says Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 633

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says that Tottenham's recent transformation into title contenders under Harry Redknapp is "startling", ahead of Sunday's match.

More...

Title contenders? Not really honestly. I have a feeling that United will take it :(

Last edited:
The way they are playing and the way Redknapp has shaped the team, I can see them outstripping Arsenal in a few years time if you look at each side's form over the past 2 seasons or so

The way they are playing and the way Redknapp has shaped the team, I can see them outstripping Arsenal in a few years time if you look at each side's form over the past 2 seasons or so
unlikely. once arsenal pay off the stadium debt they will be an unstoppable financial force. you cant really use 2 seasons form to shape it, arsenal have been there for more than two years for one thing anyway

They have good strenght in depth but if they can get a real goal scoring striker then they will be contenders.

I can see them outstripping Arsenal in a few years time if you look at each side's form over the past 2 seasons or so

Arsenal have been better over the last 2 seasons, lets not get carried away, lol. still, it shows how a good manager changes a team. however, if we can safely say arsenal will not win or properly challenge untill they get a few defenders,goalkeeper etc, we can also say untill spurs get rid of players like chief suspect 'assou-ekotto' they also will be 4th or thereabouts.

Tottenham are the most improved team this season

Don't agree with you there mate.

Last season we were the same if not better. Blackpool are probably the most improved.

Don't agree with you there mate.

Last season we were the same if not better. Blackpool are probably the most improved.

Blackpool I support them i think to many teams are thinking there going to be a walk over next season will be the test for them

For tottenham Last season I wasnt worried about them against us but this if any could cause an upset it will be tottenham I think chelsea,arsenal and man city need to be careful from now on

The thing is with the amount of players they have they kind of have a champions league wage squad. So they will have to try and qualify for the CL on a regular basis other wise they will lose quite abit of money.

The thing is with the amount of players they have they kind of have a champions league wage squad. So they will have to try and qualify for the CL on a regular basis other wise they will lose quite abit of money.

Champions League wage squad?

I assume you think we're paying our players a very high wage then?

Levy has a wage cap in place and we pay no more than 70k ish a week.

May have got the wrong end of the stick here though,

Champions League wage squad?

I assume you think we're paying our players a very high wage then?

Levy has a wage cap in place and we pay no more than 70k ish a week.

May have got the wrong end of the stick here though,

I mean as in your squad depth, you have a massive first team squad proberly the biggest in the PL. So if all of them are on 30-40k plus that could add up to Chelsea or Man Utd wage bill if you get my drift.

Back